Author Topic: PUSH Notification  (Read 4718 times)

Icamuser

• View Profile
PUSH Notification
« on: December 23, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »
I can view the camera on my laptop and on my iPhone.

On the iPhone when I go to Settings, it says under Purchased Add-ons,  Push on Motion   Not Installed.

When I go to Settings, Notifications, iCam- I can turn on Alerts etc. Under iCam options it shows "installed" in very light type in the grey box.

On the iPhone I can zoom to my single camera and touch Send Push Notifications and see the response in iCamSource on the laptop

But I don't seem to get any notifications. 

Suggestions on what I should check?   Thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PUSH Notification
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:28:50 AM »
- Does the Send Push Notifications checkbox stay checked in iCamSource after you set it on your iPhone?  Is the motion indicator turning green in the iCamSource when motion is detected?

- Is your iPhone jailbroken or unlocked?  We have heard reports of Push Notifications not working in unlocked phones (not just iCam, any notifications).  Another iCam user with an unlocked phone was able to get notifications working.  There's more information here:  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=379.0

Icamuser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:25:47 PM »
- Does the Send Push Notifications checkbox stay checked in iCamSource after you set it on your iPhone?  Is the motion indicator turning green in the iCamSource when motion is detected?

- Is your iPhone jailbroken or unlocked?  We have heard reports of Push Notifications not working in unlocked phones (not just iCam, any notifications).  Another iCam user with an unlocked phone was able to get notifications working.  There's more information here:  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=379.0

Yes. i can set Send Push Notifications on the iPhone, see the box check itself in iCamSource, see the indicator turn green in iCamSource and iPhone with motion. I can get out of the iCam in the iPhone and the iCamSource box stays checked. The response between the iPhone and iCamSource is quick.

The iphone is factory, 32 gb with latest OS.

One other point- the iPhone is connecting via my WiFi in the house while testing. The laptop is on a wired connection to my router. Thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »
Do you have issues receiving Push Notifications from any other iPhone applications? Here are a list of a number of free and paid apps that include Push Notifications - http://appadvice.com/applists/show/definitive-list-of-push-capable-apps

Icamuser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 04:36:53 PM »
 I have not used Push until  iCam.  Under iPhone Settings/iCam  Purchased Add-0ns,  Push on Motion- it shows "Not Installed".     Could this be a problem?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 12:20:32 AM »
The current version of iCam includes Push Notification, so it's ok if is says Not Installed in Settings -> iCam.

Please try using one of the free apps that include Push Notifications from this page (such as AIM) - http://appadvice.com/applists/show/definitive-list-of-push-capable-apps

Please let me know if the notifications work with whatever free app you try.  This will help narrow down the cause of the problem.

icamdk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 04:28:28 PM »
I have the exact same problem. and push message, works just fine with Facebook ect.
but im not getting the push with Icam.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 10:31:45 PM »
icamdk - Does the Send Push Notifications checkbox stay checked in iCamSource after you set it on your iPhone? 

Is the motion indicator turning green in the iCamSource when motion is detected?

Is your iPhone jailbroken or unlocked?

icamdk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »
Does the Send Push Notifications checkbox stay checked in iCamSource after you set it on your iPhone?  YES

Is the motion indicator turning green in the iCamSource when motion is detected? YES

Is your iPhone jailbroken or unlocked? YES

Iphone 3G, OS 3.0.1, Cydia 1.0.334-65

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 06:05:39 PM »
We have heard reports of Push Notifications not working in unlocked phones (not just iCam, any notifications).  Another iCam user with an unlocked phone was able to get notifications working.  There's more information here:  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=379.0