Author Topic: Camara Drops off  (Read 4695 times)

HATCHT

• View Profile
Camara Drops off
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:28:13 PM »
I puchased the app last night, and everything set up pretty easy,  I have 2 camara's . One is running on XP, and the other is on my Laptop ( Vista).  The camara on the XP machine keeps droping off the IPHONE screen, checking the camara, it is still on, and shows on the computer screen.  I can push the "stop" and then "start",  and then it will reconnet with the IPHONE.  Please advise on how to get this Camara to stay online. ???

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Camara Drops off
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
What error message do you see on the iPhone when it doesn't work?  If you don't see an error message, stop the iCamSource on the Vista laptop and then try connecting again (just to the iCamSource on XP) to see if an error message shows up.

HATCHT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 07:53:52 PM »
No Error message,,  I try the refresh on the IPHONE, and it works ( brings it back ) sometimes.  They are both USB camara, and on the same network.  Some of the time I get the Connect to ITUNES, window. ( 0n the phone)  I am on a 2G IPHONE.  Don't know what else to try

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 12:27:33 AM »
Did you stop the iCamSource on the Vista laptop?  If the XP iCamSource is the only one running, then I would expect some sort of error message to show up on the iPhone.  It may take up to 30 seconds for the error message to show up, so give it a little bit of time to connect.

Have you rebooted the XP computer since this problem first occurred? If not, please reboot the computer.

jzmn27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »
I'm having a similar problem.  I'm still in the experimentation stage with the app and I'm currently trying to get a USB webcam and the iSight camera on my MacBook Pro (running OSX 10.5.8 ) both displaying on the iPhone.  I've got two instances of iCamSource running but I can't get both to stay connected.  The second camera will connect for a moment, freeze a still shot and then stop running (light goes out on the camera).  Moments later the iPhone displays Connection Closed.

The problem is getting both cameras to stay active.  Is this an iSight/USB cam conflict or is this a general conflict between any two cameras connected to the same computer?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Very cool app.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »
It looks like you found a solution: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=506.msg2755#msg2755

We have though in the past that it had to do with either a USB power or bandwidth limit, and it seems as if your findings support that. :)

jzmn27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 05:43:35 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.  My configuration is very stable now.  I'm going to experiment some to see if I can manipulate the camera resolution to get more than one camera per USB bus.  I really would like to be able to use lower cost USB cameras connected to a USB hub instead of resorting to more expensive and in my opinion less stable wireless network cameras.  But if the computer's USB bus is going to be a choke point, I'm going to have to go another direction.
 8)

HATCHT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »
I have been playing with the settings for a couple of days now,  I even bought a new router with more bandwith.  Both of my camara's are built in  the monitor(s).  One is on the Laptop( running VISTA), and the other is on a Viewsonic monitor (PC).  I hooked the new router up, made sure everything was up and running.  I tried ICAM app, it hooked to the 2 camara's one time, and even sent me an a move alert. Did not change any settings,  and now it will not hook the the PC ( runningXP). I am getting and error, Source Connection Error , One or more of the iCam Sources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to. I hate things that only work sometimes,  it is so hard to deside what may be wrong.  Do you have any suggestions? ???

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »
HATCHT -  Please email the external IP address of your computer to support@skjm.com.  To get that, go to http://whatismyip.com in your computer's web browser.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.

EDIT:  I see that you already sent an email to support@skjm.com.  Replying to it now
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 11:36:29 AM by Jay »