Author Topic: iCam/iCamSource Feature Wish List  (Read 2227 times)

dkb52

• View Profile
iCam/iCamSource Feature Wish List
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:43:17 AM »
While reviewing motion events, I had an "awe crap" moment.  I was a little too rambunctious with the thumb & finger swipe to delete events, and deleted an event I wanted to keep.

So!  I would like to see an iCam feature to "lock" events, so I don't accidentally delete them (remotely).  Should be easy (heh, heh), right swipe=delete, left swipe=lock.  Or, instead of events (and images) being removed from iCamSource folders, have them moved to the recycle bin, so I can correct MY mistakes.

I know I could save images on my iPhone; however, the event I accidentally deleted had 121 images.  I would still need to transfer from my phone back to an appropriate folder on the computer.

In addition, for iCamSource I would like to see a checkbox "[]" option for the "camera list," so I can enter camera information once, and decide which camera I want iCamSource to access at any given time.

For example:  I have a really good day-time camera (watches driveway) and night-vision camera (watches garage).   At this time, I cannot input the information for both cameras, and have only one of them "operating," in iCamSource.  So, I have to remove the camera (from the list) I do not want to use at any given time, and input the camera information I do.

It would make it easier for ME (me, me, me) if a camera selection check box was added.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:50:42 AM by dkb52 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam/iCamSource Feature Wish List
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »
Thank you for your post and feedback.

Both the option to lock Motion Events and individually select which cameras are ON at a given time, have been requested in the past and are currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

fhall1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:25:37 PM »
To add to this it'd be nice to set some "global" iCam Source settings.  We have 6 cameras and to start motion detection and record on a schedule you have to go to each camera and set the same settings six times.  It'd be nice if the default was to apply those settings to all cameras and if you wanted to change one individually you could by going into the settings for that one camera.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »
The Global Motion Detection Settings allow you to turn the Sending of Push Notifications and Recording of Motion Events ON or OFF for all cameras with the tap of a single button. - http://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php#motion_events

fhall1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
Excellent - thanks for pointing out that setting....do you have a "user manual" or place where we can download all the support pages at once?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »
You are most welcome. A downloadable version of our support pages has also been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.