Author Topic: Push for a price?  (Read 4651 times)

y2kemo

• View Profile
Push for a price?
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »
Come on guys. The app is awesome and I'm willing to accept the $5 price tag, but now you want money for pushing motion alerts?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Push for a price?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
The Push on Motion feature of iCam 1.2 is an additional $0.99.

Sending Push Notifications to the iPhone and iPod touch required the purchasing of additional servers as well as new monthly recurring bandwidth infrastructure costs.

The one-time additional $0.99 is simply an attempt to offset some of those costs.

gutch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »
Suck it up

m411

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:56:08 PM »
It's 99 cents people. Not unreasonable considering the app itself is worth far more than 4.99.

frjps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 07:59:43 PM »
I agree that 99 cents is not much to ask for this additional service. Only problem is, I can't purchase it. When I click on "GET PRICE" from the iPhone iCam app, (new version just hit the app store!), it says, "Transaction failed. Cannot connect to iTunes Store." What's up with that?

mmcculley1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 08:04:04 PM »
I'm Having the same problem, I want this add on. 99 cents is nothing for such a great app! heck between this and ivid this company is great!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
Quoted from http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=298.0 ...

If you are receiving a "Transaction Failed" notice when attempting to purchase the Push on Motion upgrade, the issue is that Apple has approved the sale of iCam 1.2, but the Push on Motion In App Purchase is still Waiting For Review. We have contacted Apple about this, and hope to have it sorted out as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience.