Author Topic: "Transaction Failed" In App Purchase  (Read 8091 times)

jacklink01

• View Profile
"Transaction Failed" In App Purchase
« on: July 08, 2009, 06:59:24 PM »
When i tap "Get Price" for the in-app purchase i get a "Transaction Failed" Error that says "cannot connect to the iTunes Store.

Any ideas? it does it on WiFi and 3G.

m411

Re: "Transaction Failed" In App Purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »
I get that error as well.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 07:05:39 PM »
If you are receiving a "Transaction Failed" notice when attempting to purchase the Push on Motion upgrade, the issue is that Apple has approved the sale of iCam 1.2, but the Push on Motion In App Purchase is still Waiting For Review. We have contacted Apple about this, and hope to have it sorted out as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience.

mbresciani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:00:13 PM »
I think that you have a great product and I myself would be happy to pay for the addition of Push Notification, but at present your Application Description in the iTunes Store is very misleading.

You advertise the Push Notification ability as a new feature in your Application Description on the App Store without stating that there is an additional cost to activate it.  New customers would not find this out until after the purchase, and I believe you might be liable if they decide to take action.

Also, if you are still waiting for approval, then maybe it would be wise not to advertise it as a new feature just yet.

Nobody would want you to have go out of business for this oversight, so I hope you update your site before it generates a lot of negative repercussions.

frjps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:01:14 PM »
I don't understand how Apple can take a month or more to review an app, & then fail to review the most important part of an app's upgrade. God they are so stupid sometimes!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:52 PM »
@mbresciani - We have updated the application information in iTunes to be clearer about the current situation, but unfortunately it takes a while for those changes to appear.