Author Topic: iCamSource 2.1 on Mac - no video  (Read 7745 times)

WetCoast

• View Profile
iCamSource 2.1 on Mac - no video
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:26:19 AM »
I've been using iCam successfully for a month or so now.  Got the notice of the 2.1 update for iCamSource today so downloaded and installed. It runs, but doesn't seem to pick up the video feed from the camera.  The camera worked fine up until the 2.1 install.  Uninstalled, rebooted, downloaded and installed 2.1 again and same results.  Uninstalled, downloaded iCamSource 1.4.2.6 again and installed that and it's back to working again.  Checked the Console logs for any errors, but nothing shows up there indicating a problem for iCamSource.  Sticking with the previous version for now.

Mac mini
Mac OS 10.6.4 - completely up to date
Firewire iSight camera
iCamSource 2.1 - no video in the Preferences window, unable to connect from iCam
iCamSource 1.4.2.6 - video works, connection from iCam works

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.1 on Mac - no video
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:52:02 AM »
We use the FireWire iSight with a Mac Pro with the latest iCamSource. Does the iSight appear in the Video and Audio drop-down lists? When you click the Start button in 2.1 does the iSight light illuminate at all?

iJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:54:17 PM »
Having the same problem here. Just upgraded from iCamSource 1.4.2.6 to 2.1, and now it wont display video (shows a white screen). It picks up the camera though in the drop down box. I also am on a Mac Mini.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:45:41 PM »
Are you also us using a FireWire iSight camera? If you run 1.4.2.6 instead of 2.1 does it display the video preview in the iCamSource?

WetCoast

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:52:53 PM »
Solved the problem.  The upgraded version seems to loose the name and password values.  Until these are entered, you can't click the start button and see the video preview in the window.  Definitely not intuitive, but of course covered in the FAQ at http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

3. Enter an iCam Login and Password of your choosing (no need to register or create an account), and click the Start button. The iCamSource is now setup and running.

Strange that it didn't keep the login and password from the previous version.  When I downgraded back to the previous version, it came up with the values previously entered, which is why that still worked with no effort.

Oh well, working now. Life is good!  :)

iJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »
**Update** When 1 camera is plugged in, I now get a preview screen, but when 2 of the same cams are plugged in, the program will crash when I hit the start button

Are you also us using a FireWire iSight camera? If you run 1.4.2.6 instead of 2.1 does it display the video preview in the iCamSource?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:14:21 AM by iJoe »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 11:20:44 AM »
iJoe - When you launch the iCamSource with both cameras plugged in, do you see a "Auto Config Router Text ..." string next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox? Also, when you only have one camera plugged in, is that test hidden?

If so, then the iCamSource is not initializing properly, and that is why you are getting the crash.

If you open your Console do you see any iCamSource-related error messages when launching with 2 cameras plugged in?

iCamMat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »
I am having similar, if not the same problems as others have detailed. I updgraded, had to set the login and password, but the camera video was not visible, although the camera and audio choices were in the drop downs. I am running latest version of OS X on a Mac Pro. I have had no problems with the previous version. I am using the logitech quickcam vision pro camera (USB). Sometimes, when starting the program, the video will appear. I was even able to connect briefly with the iPhone app (no audio though even though the audio choice appeared in the drop down). After a short while, the video was gone again.  I am not able to connect to the camera with the iPhone app, however, I do get motion alerts, so the camera must be running. I will return to the previous later today, and await another update. I am also not able to use two cameras (Both Logitech Quickcam Vision Pros). The program will crash if I have two cameras attached.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:01:35 PM by iCamMat »

iJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
Auto Config Router Text is visible when both cameras are plugged in. I have a slew of crash reports in the Console

iJoe - When you launch the iCamSource with both cameras plugged in, do you see a "Auto Config Router Text ..." string next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox? Also, when you only have one camera plugged in, is that test hidden?

If so, then the iCamSource is not initializing properly, and that is why you are getting the crash.

If you open your Console do you see any iCamSource-related error messages when launching with 2 cameras plugged in?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »
For some reason there seems to be an initialization issue if two cameras with the same name are use with the new Mac version of the iCamSource. (Besides crashing, the other symptom is seeing the "Auto Config Router Text ..." label.)

iJoe, can you either post or e-mail support@skjm.com what the Console error messages are when you first launch the iCamSource, before you click the Start button, with both webcams attached?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 07:28:51 AM »
We are going to purchase two of the same USB cameras to see if we can hopefully replicate and fix this crashing / initialization issue.

Thank you all for your continued patience!

iJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »
The first 2 are when I start the program. The last one is when I click start.

9/18/10 11:46:42 AM   iCamSource[697]   *** Assertion failure in -[NSMenu itemAtIndex:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1038.32/Menus.subproj/NSMenu.m:779

9/18/10 11:46:42 AM   iCamSource[697]   Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < [_itemArray count])'  invoked observer method: '*** -[iCamSourceAppDelegate applicationDidFinishLaunching:]'  observer: 0x5166f0  notification name: 'NSApplicationDidFinishLaunchingNotification'

9/18/10 11:49:58 AM   com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[160]   ([0x0-0x53053].com.skjm.icamsource[697]) Job appears to have crashed: Bus error

cynyuan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 09:51:22 PM »
I have the same problem.  I can't seem to get the video to work after upgrading to the new version of icam software.  I re-enter the password and still no video.  Please help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 10:18:21 AM »
Ok, we have a new version of the Mac iCamSource available that should fix the "iCamSource crashing when two cameras with the same name are plugged in" issue: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.1.1.dmg

If you were experiencing this issue please let us know if 2.1.1 fixes it for you.

Thanks! :)

iJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »
So far so good with 2 cameras. Seems to be working now. Thanks for the fast update!