Author Topic: Source Connection Error  (Read 3705 times)

Wiland

• View Profile
Source Connection Error
« on: August 13, 2013, 12:35:39 PM »
I can see all the cams on my iPhone before I leave the house.. once I am gone I get that error each time (Source Connection Error). I have been using yall for years so this is new..  Any idea what I need to do to get them to connect?

Scott

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Source Connection Error
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 12:39:46 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »
No prob.. I will tonight.... Thank you

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »
now getting a popup that some cams wont work and then poof one comes on.. then connection closed.. I refresh and some come back...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 03:41:25 PM »
Please make sure that you are running the latest versions of iCam and iCamSource available on our Support Pages here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

How many cameras are you running and what are the Brand/Models of each?

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 11:27:09 AM »
New version is running.. I am using the cam that cam on the laptop and a few others.. have been using them for years..

Today I brought it to work.. just running the built in Toshiba cam. I turned the wifi off on my phone and it wont connect again..

Source Connection Error one or more of the iCam sourses is the message I got... This was all working great till last week.. also getting some uPnP message at the bottom of the cam page on my laptop...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 06:18:59 PM »
Do you see any other messages when you click OK on the Source Connection Error?

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 08:49:57 AM »
messed with it all weekend.... went out and bought the Vuezone system... Tired of messing with it.. wasn't happy since it worked for so long and now this.. I have referred more than 5 people to your system so at least I brought you some customers..

Thank you for all your support..

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
I apologize for your frustration.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »
For what it's worth, your employer is probably restricting UDP traffic or has a complex network that doesn't allow uPNP. Don't you think it's weird that iCam worked flawlessly until you moved a computer from home to work? Anyway, it's a network issue of some sort...something the folks at SKJM/iCam have little (actually, ZERO) control over. The information you provided here has been pretty vague...you gave no technical information (such as the uPNP error messages or the camera information requested) to SKJM so they could help you. Frustration is understandable (technology does that), but acting like they don't care to help it's customers is kinda lame. I've been an active member on this forum for years, and have seen them release custom versions of icamsource for people experiencing bugs unique to their systems. For a $5 app, I've never seen better customer service.

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 07:54:23 PM »
OU..

It wasn't my employer... The cams at home on the laptop and my iPhone on the same wifi worked great.. but anywhere on LTE, 4g or any other wifi it would not work... no matter what.. I love this software and like I said I refered 5 people... I am going to run a cam at my office using this tomorrow just to check on something... but the vuezone at home is incredible...

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
I'm glad you found something that worked effortlessly for you. My guess is that Vuezone must use a proxy to help establish a connection (regardless of network complexity). The latest version of iCam and icamsource have a proxy option available (free public one or paid private one) that would likely fix all of your problems, just FYI. You have to run the latest version of both iCam and icamsource to see/use the proxy option, though. I traded a couple of messages with SKJM a while back, and they had been working towards this functionality for some time (unbeknownst to us). Apparently, the inclusion of very high-level encryption (256-bit) a while back was in preparation for the proxy option. I don't know if Vuezone mentions the level of encryption available in their software, but it's nice to know that my security feeds are safe/encrypted when being piped through a proxy server owned by someone else when using iCam. Just something to think about, in case Vuezone doesn't really discuss their encryption/security of your private/sensitive security feeds.