Author Topic: iCam can't find my cameras  (Read 3481 times)

wloneill

• View Profile
iCam can't find my cameras
« on: December 21, 2011, 11:02:59 PM »
I installed 2 Foscam FI8918W cameras and they are functioning fine remotely.  I would like to be able to use iCam with my iPad to also see these video feeds.  However, iCam doesn't see my 2 cameras ....I get a message telling me to check my URL's.  I have tried several different methods of typing in the URL all to no avail.  I have a brand new Belkin router that I have port forwarded correctly because I can  view the cameras remotely with Internet Explorer.  I have not changed the login or password on the Foscam cameras.  The default is admin for login and password is blank so these are the settings I have been using.   Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCam can't find my cameras
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »
For the camera URL's in icamsource, you are using the internal IP addresses, right? They have a tool linked on here to find the appropriate URL to use...but your cameras need to have static IP addresses assigned to them so the URL doesn't change after a router reboot.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »
Here is the direct link to MJPEG & JPEG Webcams support page: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg.php

Please enter the URL you use to connect to your camera and your camera's manufacture (Foscam). Then try to the generated URLs to see if any of them work with the iCamSource.

davefewox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »
how did you install both of the foscam cameras. I got lost after the first one because I can't find a different URL to use? unsure where in the setup to assign static ip addresses or what those addresses should be?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:35:01 PM »
how did you install both of the foscam cameras. I got lost after the first one because I can't find a different URL to use? unsure where in the setup to assign static ip addresses or what those addresses should be?

Please see OUAnthony's response on the forum post here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=4476.new#new