Author Topic: ICam compatible with a usb wireless security system (4 cams and1 usb reciever)  (Read 3172 times)

flatcoatjrt

• View Profile
Hello,

Is the app icam (iPhone) compatible with a usb wireless security system
 http://www.spywebshop.nl/beveiligingscameras/draadloze-beveiligingscamera-set-ir.html
4 cams and 1 usb reciever ?

I hope you can answer this question. Thanks.

Mirjam
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:28:17 PM by SKJM Support »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We have not tested with that particular type of camera. It most likely isn't compatible with iCamSource, but we don't know for sure.  You can download iCamSource for free and try it with your cameras before purchasing the iCam app here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

dkb52

• View Profile
I have used a similar system in the past, with iCam and iCamSource.  Actually, things worked better than I thought they would.  In iCamSource, you probably would need to select the USB receiver, rather than the actual camera name.

The only draw-back I experienced, was iCam nor iCamSource could see all for cameras at the same time.  I set my receiver to alternate between cameras, and the "active camera" at any given moment would show up on my computer (iCamSource) and iPhone (iCam).

Due to external interference, I have since changed to wired security cameras; but the same principle applies.

isja693

• View Profile
I have noticed that at least on a computer, that you cannot run the same type of camera via usb (exact same type), I wonder if the security system used different models of cameras if this would still be the case?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
No, because icamsource is detecting the USB receiver as the source in this case...not the individual cameras. That's why the best-case senario for it is to set it to alternate through the cameras.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have noticed that at least on a computer, that you cannot run the same type of camera via usb (exact same type), I wonder if the security system used different models of cameras if this would still be the case?

The Device ID is unique for each webcam (even if they are the same Brand/Model).

Do you see the different cameras in the Video Drop Down Menu?