Author Topic: What software is required for my situation?  (Read 2742 times)

kmrahe

• View Profile
What software is required for my situation?
« on: November 18, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »
I stumbled upon this group of applications in the iOS AppStore, but I'm having difficulty figuring out just which pieces I need for my situation. My situation is that I have a couple of IP webcams in my home that I wish to be able to view on my iOS mobile devices. I have no need to broadcast webcam images through the Internet, for either private or public consumption.

Currently I have an application called iSpy64 on my (Windows 7) PC that works great for that platform and does exactly what I need. The only problem is that it doesn't do anything for me as far as running on iOS devices. (One question I have is whether that application is related to this iSpy application?)

As for my iOS devices, I have installed an app called iCam Pro on my iPhone 5S. However, I can't seem to get anywhere with that app alone. It wants me to log in to an iCam SourcePro account, which I don't have. I saw some indication that the iCam Pro app should let me do what I want without having to pay a fee. But even for just viewing local IP cameras, it seems like I need something more. I saw a reference to a version of iCam SourcePro for Windows, which made it sound like perhaps that application is required to connect to my cameras and then provide a video feed to iCam Pro. But the Windows Apps option on this site's menu merely refers me to the Windows Store, and when I click on that link it only shows me the "iSpy Cameras" application and I don't see anything like iCam SourcePro there. (I've never used the Windows Store, though, so maybe I'm doing something wrong there.)

If anyone can tell me whether what I want to do is achievable and if so, whether and what combination of these applications will do it, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What software is required for my situation?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:44:37 AM »
(One question I have is whether that application is related to this iSpy application?)

No, no relation.

As for my iOS devices, I have installed an app called iCam Pro on my iPhone 5S. However, I can't seem to get anywhere with that app alone. It wants me to log in to an iCam SourcePro account, which I don't have. I saw some indication that the iCam Pro app should let me do what I want without having to pay a fee. But even for just viewing local IP cameras, it seems like I need something more. I saw a reference to a version of iCam SourcePro for Windows, which made it sound like perhaps that application is required to connect to my cameras and then provide a video feed to iCam Pro. But the Windows Apps option on this site's menu merely refers me to the Windows Store, and when I click on that link it only shows me the "iSpy Cameras" application and I don't see anything like iCam SourcePro there. (I've never used the Windows Store, though, so maybe I'm doing something wrong there.)

If anyone can tell me whether what I want to do is achievable and if so, whether and what combination of these applications will do it, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Yes, you are going to want to use the iCamSource Pro for Windows, available here: http://skjm.com/icampro/support.php

The "Getting Started" section of our iCam Pro Help pages also contains the steps required to get going with iCam Pro: http://skjm.com/icampro/help/