Author Topic: Using iCam on iPhone, no audio  (Read 3703 times)

monalh

• View Profile
Using iCam on iPhone, no audio
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »
Hello!
I am new to iCam, and untill now I have used Safari on my iPhone and logged into my WiFi camera using safari. But with safari I can't hear audio. Then I searched the web and found iCam, and thought maybe I would be able to hear audio using iCam. I have a Axis M1031-W that is WiFI connected to my router, and have a url-adress on internett. I have PC and downloaded iCamSource. But I can not hear audio on my iPhone, even though the audio is enabled on the iCam options.

Any ideas if it possible to hear audio? What is wrong with my configuration?

Is it possible with iCam to enable two-way communication?

Regards
Mona Hansen

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using iCam on iPhone, no audio
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:13:47 PM »
Network IP camera support is currently video-only ...

From the FAQ - http://skjm.com/icam/support.php#faq :

Q :    What types of cameras does the iCamSource support?
A :    The iCamSource currently supports any Built-In, FireWire or USB webcam supported by Windows XP/Vista or OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and later. It also supports FireWire-connected DV cameras on OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and later. Video-only support is also available for most MJPEG/JPEG-compatible WiFi and Ethernet network IP webcams.

It is not currently possible to communicate 2-way via iCam, but that has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

monalh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 01:11:00 AM »
Ok, that sounds great! But do you have any idea about when this feature is launched?

Mona

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:41:48 PM »
Not currently, no. We are currently reviewing past requested features to decide which ones to implement next.