Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 237142 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »
udp port is open

cable modem is an ARRIS

i emailed u my IP

What is the specific model of your Arris modem? If there is a firewall setting in your modem that is enabled, please try disabling it to see if that has any effect.

It looks like you are running an older version (2.2.2) of the iCamSource. I would suggest updating to the latest version on our website: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

It looks like you are running the iCamSource with two cameras (one USB webcam and one IP camera) is that correct?

If you could e-mail a screenshot of your router's port forwarding settings screen to support@skjm.com we can confirm the settings with what we are seeing in the iCam Broker Server logs.

elkskins_j

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »
arris tm502g
no firewall

i updated to new beta version of icamsource

yes im running a usb cam and an ip cam

and i emailed u a screenshot

pidge1114

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2011, 06:44:25 AM »
I emailed you my IP as well

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2011, 10:37:38 AM »
arris tm502g
no firewall

i updated to new beta version of icamsource

yes im running a usb cam and an ip cam

and i emailed u a screenshot

elkskins_j is receiving continued support via e-mail.

I emailed you my IP as well

pidge1114, if you enabled the Auto-Config Router checkbox at home, what status message appeared when you clicked Start? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

pidge1114

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »
All was cleared up on my end, I was able to single out ports in my router for each computer, as per your troubleshooting guide.  All is working now, though framerate is a little stuttery.

Mos20

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »
I wasn't having a problem with this issue until recently. The only think I can think of that has changed is the Iphone update to IOS 5? Is this causing problems for people and will it be fixed?? Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2011, 10:28:07 PM »
I wasn't having a problem with this issue until recently. The only think I can think of that has changed is the Iphone update to IOS 5? Is this causing problems for people and will it be fixed?? Thanks

Thank you for your post.

Are you running the latest BETA version of iCamSource available on our support pages: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

Mos20

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2011, 07:02:19 AM »
Yes, I have the latest version.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

z4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2011, 02:08:15 PM »
Good morning,

I just bought your application for my Iphone 3G S and work great with WiFi but with the 3G mode I have some problems

I have a PC in my house with a router Zyxel P 660 wifi and 2 Axis camera ip wifi, everything work good when I do the first connection with my Iphone and 3G mode, I can see all the 3 cameras working perfect and I can zoom on them too...until I close or I refresh the application on the Iphone is ok, the problem is when I try to exit from the ICam or if I try to refresh the cameras on the Iphone, then I lose completely the connection to the server and the only solution at the problem is to go on the PC and to Stop and to Restart again on the main MENU (I have to press the button down on the right of the Menu panel), then everything restart perfect

I tried many times and I am sure that the port forwarding is ok because my UDP 12000 port is open checking on the link that you gave, I abled the Unpg and I tried even to switch off my Norton Firewall but doesn't change anything, look's like that there is a bug on the program on the iphone if you close the application or if you try to reload the cameras because exactly in that moment you are not able anymore to connect with the server from the Iphone

can you help me please?  :)

thank's a lot

Stefano

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »
Good morning,

I just bought your application for my Iphone 3G S and work great with WiFi but with the 3G mode I have some problems

I have a PC in my house with a router Zyxel P 660 wifi and 2 Axis camera ip wifi, everything work good when I do the first connection with my Iphone and 3G mode, I can see all the 3 cameras working perfect and I can zoom on them too...until I close or I refresh the application on the Iphone is ok, the problem is when I try to exit from the ICam or if I try to refresh the cameras on the Iphone, then I lose completely the connection to the server and the only solution at the problem is to go on the PC and to Stop and to Restart again on the main MENU (I have to press the button down on the right of the Menu panel), then everything restart perfect

I tried many times and I am sure that the port forwarding is ok because my UDP 12000 port is open checking on the link that you gave, I abled the Unpg and I tried even to switch off my Norton Firewall but doesn't change anything, look's like that there is a bug on the program on the iphone if you close the application or if you try to reload the cameras because exactly in that moment you are not able anymore to connect with the server from the Iphone

can you help me please?  :)

thank's a lot

Stefano

z4ever is receiving support via email.

z4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2011, 01:30:43 AM »
thank's  :)

z4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »
the strange thing is that I am able to see all my camera with IcamWEB (it mean that my firewall and my port are open...I even checked with PortChecker and all is ok), I am able to see the cameras with WIFi (with my Iphone and Ipad) and I am able to see all the cameras with Iphone and Ipad using the 3G but if I try to refresh the cameras or to enter/exit from the Icam program on the Iphone/Ipad then the second time that I try to re-enter I am not able to connect at the server and I see the error message

than I am not able anymore to see the cameras (even if I close completely the Icam program on the Iphone) until I go on the main PC at home where is running IcamSource program and I push on the button STOP/START....than I able again to connect with the Iphone/Ipad but only for 1 session so if I want to check during the day more times my house I can't  ???

by IcamWEB  I am able to connect many times during the day and no problem  :)

strange  ::) looks like that there is a problem on the web server that doesn't reconize me or he think that I am already logged and he doesn't give me the permission anymore to re-enter...boh :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:41:53 AM by z4ever »

z4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2011, 02:19:08 PM »
new test:

I went in my parents house and I tried to connect by WiFi to my iCamSource with the Iphone/Ipad and the result is the same, work perfect at the first connection and if I try again or I try to refresh the cameras doesn't work again!

so this is not a problem of the 3G system on my Iphone, there is something strange on the web server :(

I am from Italy

:)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
z4ever is receiving support via email.