Author Topic: Sound issues with iCamSource 2.1 and iPhone 4  (Read 1977 times)

crecente

• View Profile
Sound issues with iCamSource 2.1 and iPhone 4
« on: September 19, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »
Hi there,

While I can get the audio to work when I use the webcams built into my laptops, for some reason I can't get audio to work on the webcams I have attached via USB to my desktop computer.

I have a Sirius USB 2.0 Camera connected, and I have the audio source Microphone (Venus USB2.0 camera) selected.

I also have a Logitech QuickCam Fusion camera connected and I have the audio source Microphone (2-Logitech Microphone) selected.

I've gone into the sound settings on the computer and both are set at the highest level, they both also show that they are receiving audio.

I've gone into the iCam on the iPhone and made sure that the audio is turned on and that I zoom into a camera to listen, but I get no audio whatsoever. I've also tried turning on the audio motion detecting and both show alerts when they hear audio. But again besides the alert sound I hear no audio when zoomed in.

I tried rebooting my computer and doing a reset of my iPhone to no avail.

The phone is not muted and when I increase the volume it says ringer on my iPhone 4's screen. I've also tried using it with headphones, which doesn't help.

Any suggestions to get the audio to work for these two USB webcams would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sound issues with iCamSource 2.1 and iPhone 4
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 09:07:25 PM »
Are you using the Mac or Windows version of iCamSource?

iCamSource version 2.1 for Windows had an audio bug that was fixed in version 2.1.1.  If you are running version 2.1 on Windows, please update to version 2.1.1.  You can get it here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php