Author Topic: Linksys WVC80N  (Read 4643 times)

psword

• View Profile
Linksys WVC80N
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:07:29 AM »
f I buy the Linksys WVC80N do I still have to have my computer on?  I just purchased your software and it is great, but I did not want to keep my computer on all day.  According to the webcam instructions you do not need to have your computer on. 

Thank You!  I am going to use this with my pregnant Boxer.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Linksys WVC80N
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »
The iCamSource program does need to be running on your computer in order for iCam on your iPhone to connect to it, even for IP cameras.  This is due to the firewall/NAT piercing techniques used by iCam.   Also, the motion detection features of iCam (push notifications and motion recording) require iCamSource to be running in order to perform the motion detection processing.

jboehr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 03:28:16 PM »
I have multiple cameras in the house. One is the linksys wvc80N, another is a USB, and a third is a network airlink 250W (can't get the wireless to work).  I have been able to stream all of the video but I seem to have to leave a computer on for each stream. Is there a way to do this with one computer?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 12:53:21 AM »
There is a new Beta version of iCamSource (2.0) that supports multiple cameras.

The new Beta version is available here:  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=958.0