Author Topic: iCam Source 1.4.2 keeps crashing on two XP machines.  (Read 14227 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Source 1.4.2 keeps crashing on two XP machines.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 05:15:52 AM »
We have only received a log from digitalfx, but it took running two instances for the iCamSources to crash.

If running one instance of 1.4.2 consistently crashes immediately when connecting via 3G then if you could download and run 1.4.2c (the logging version) and generate a crash log, that would be great. You won't need to uninstall 1.4.1 and re-install 1.4.2 ... If you have 1.4.1 installed and it works, then just closing the 1.4.1 instance(s) and running a 1.4.2c instance then connecting via 3G to get it to crash should be sufficient. Once 1.4.2c crashes and you have a log file you can re-run 1.4.1

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »
Also, we have a new iCamSource executable to try: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource1.4.2.4.exe

It doesn't generate a log file, but the connection logic has changed. If you could try running it to see if it still crashes, it would be much appreciated.

Also, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully further troubleshoot the problem.

It seems to be an issue with the new connection logic, which is different depending on what type of network you are running it from. We can look that up in the logs with your IP address.

Please reference your forum user name in your e-mail as well. :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »
We now have a new beta of the iCamSource available (1.4.2.5 BETA) for download at http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

It is essentially the same as 1.4.2.4, but it now includes the installer in Windows.

It includes a slight change to the connection protocol that might stop the crashes that some users are experiencing.

As always we appreciate any and all feedback. :)

Grumpa

• View Profile
iCam Source 1.4.2.5 beta (problem)
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 02:47:02 PM »
I just installed the beta and iCamSource crashes each time Windows starts.  Has a log file been created with this version?  FYI, the beta was installed over v1.4.2, which occasionally crashed or locked up on Windows shutdown.  What other information can I provide?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 02:57:02 PM »
It sounds like you have the iCamSource set to launch when Windows starts ... Does it crash when you launch it normally, after windows has started?

Grumpa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »
It sounds like you have the iCamSource set to launch when Windows starts ... Does it crash when you launch it normally, after windows has started?
---
You are correct, I do start iCamSource with Windows - and apparently it is a bit "picky" about how you create the Startup entry.  I got it to not crash after startup (BTW it did startup ok, and was running, then just crashed after about 30 seconds each time) by deleting the iCamSource Startup shortcut, and then used Start >> Programs >> Startup (rt click) >> Open >> File >> New >> Shortcut to create the Startup entry.  Any other method I used - drag and drop, copy and paste, or a couple of Startup Managers (ie System Mechanic) made the shortcut in Startup, but then it crashed.  iCamSource would launch normally if not in Windows Startup.

Grumpa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 07:34:34 AM »
Greetings ... a quick follow up ...
I've tested iCamSource beta over and over again on three Windows XP PCs where I had some crash and shutdown problems.  It is working perfectly on all 3.  Windows Startup works fine (see my previous message), it doesn't hang during Windows shutdown, no crashes or error messages ... working great!  Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 10:20:19 AM »
Great news, thanks! :)

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 03:02:22 AM »
Installed (1.4.2.5 BETA) . Running three cams at once MS-DOS Batch File you made for me on home Dell Windows XP. Also installed on Bootcamp Windows XP on MAC laptop. Getting All functions normal on 3G , wifi and home wifi network.  Previous problem with 1.4.2 always crashing seems gone. Will install on third Dell Windows laptop tomorrow and keeping fingures crossed.  ;D
Update: 4/22/10= All iCam Sources on three computers running normal with home network, 3G and WiFi. with (1.4.2.5 Beta).
Computers: Home=Dell XPS 710, Windows XP, Apple Airport Extreem Router.
                Work= Macbook Pro, Snow Lep., Bootcamp- Windows XP= Both Ok. Also with Airport Express Router.
                Cabin= Dell notebook 2110, Windows XP.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:17:43 AM by captual »