Getting Started |
Motion Detection |
iCam Cloud |
Proxy Support |
« Back to Support
[ Using iCamSource for Mac or Windows | Using iCamSource Mobile for iOS ]
is the mobile application for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad) and Android devices that allows you to view your computer webcams or network IP cameras over the Internet.
is the iOS app that allows you to stream live audio and video from your iOS device's microphone and camera to another mobile device running iCam
also monitors the video stream to send Push Notifications and record Motion Events whenever motion is detected.
The first step is to download
the iCamSource Mobile application to your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad) device and the iCam application to another iOS or Android device.
Using iCamSource for Mac or Windows? Click here!
Tap Options > General
in iCamSource Mobile to choose to stream video from your device's back (default) or front (if available) camera. If you are using the Android version of iCam be sure to turn ON the Android
switch next to the Audio switch to stream Android-compatible audio to your device.
The next step is to enter an iCam Login
combination of your choice into the iCamSource Mobile app and tap the Start button. You do not need to register or create an account, but we do suggest that you choose a combination not too easily guessed.
The final step is to enter the same iCam Login
combination into the iCam Options screen, tap the Done button, and you should connect to the iCamSource Mobile. If not, please refer to the iCam Troubleshooting
iCam and the iCamSource utilize industry standard 256-bit AES
encryption. Users may decide whether previously unencrypted versions of iCam or iCamWeb will be able to connect to an encrypted iCamSource by choosing from one of the following three encryption options:
- Auto - iCamSource will accept both encrypted and unencrypted connections from all versions of iCam and iCamWeb.
- ON - iCamSource will only accept encrypted iCam connections. Previously unencrypted versions of iCam and iCamWeb will not be able to connect.
- OFF - iCamSource will accept connections from all versions of iCam and iCamWeb. Versions of iCam that support encryption will revert to making unencrypted connections. (Users may opt to turn encryption OFF to reduce the overall CPU usage of the iCamSource.)
iCam supports Pan-Tilt control for select
webcams and network IP cameras. To control your camera, simply swipe the zoomed-in camera view in the direction (up, down, left, right) you want your camera view to move.
- You can adjust the compression level used to favor either a Better Frame Rate or Better Image Quality. The higher the image quality, the lower the frame rate, and vice-versa.
- If you are connecting to more than one camera and would like the thumbnail order to be the same every time you connect you can specify the sort order by selecting a different Thumbnail Sort Order Index for each camera.
- The Options > Advanced >Auto-Config Router switch should only be enabled if you are having problems connecting to your iCamSource when your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad) or Android device running iCam is connected via EDGE/3G/4G/LTE or a different WiFi network, but you are able to connect via the same local WiFi network. Please refer to the iCam Troubleshooting section for more information.
- The Motion Detection and Schedule options are covered in the Motion Detection section.
© 2018 SKJM, LLC
- When only connecting to a single camera, enabling the Auto-Zoom option will cause iCam to automatically zoom-in on that camera when it initially connects.
- Enabling the High Resolution option (available only on Retina Display devices) will cause iCam to ask the iCamSource for higher-resolution images when available. (640x480 is the highest currently supported resolution.)
- Enabling the Auto-Lock Override option will prevent the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad from turning off the screen and going into Standby mode while iCam is running.
- The Display Cam Info option displays the iCamSource description and time stamp when zoomed in. It also displays the iCamSource description overlay in thumbnail view on the iPhone and iPod touch.