Author Topic: No Sound When Using iCam  (Read 11148 times)

MewingFugur

• View Profile
No Sound When Using iCam
« on: May 20, 2010, 05:10:23 PM »
  Hey,I used iCam a lot a while ago, but slowly stopped using it. Now, when I pick it back up and start using it, it works great except for no sound. I have made sure to have audio selected on my iPod Touch and the correct microphone on the iCam source. And yes, I do have the volume turned up,lol. Any help?

Please Help!!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No Sound When Using iCam
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
Are you running the Windows or Mac OS X version of the iCamSource? Is the input level for the microphone in your operating system turned all the way up?

MewingFugur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
I am using the Windows version running on windows vista. I'm pretty sure I have the input for the mic on my webcam all the way up. Any other things I might have done wrong?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »
Are you able to confirm that the mic records sound in other applications? When you adjust the volume on your iPhone when you have zoomed in, does it say "Ringer" on the screen?

MewingFugur

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
Yes, it works on other apps and recording. I have an Ipod Touch 2g

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:26:47 AM »
We actually don't have any 2nd gen iPod touches available for testing, and I assume it wouldn't say "Ringer" when adjusting the volume since it isn't a phone.

When you zoom in on a camera in iCam and then adjust the volume, does it say anything under the adjustment graphic? Does having your headphones plugged in make any difference as to whether or not the volume is adjusted? I am assuming that "Audio" is "ON" in the iCam Options as well?