Author Topic: No matter what, cannot get multiple cameras (2 to be exact) to work  (Read 6754 times)

iJoe

• View Profile
Tried every tutorial on here, read every thread possible on multiple cameras. I cannot get 2 USB webcams from my MAC Mini to show on my iphone. I duplicated the app, can start and run both apps with both cams viewable on my MAC Mini, but when I launch iCAM on my iphone, it will say no sources found. I then have to unplug 1 USB webcam in order for it to show on my iphone again. Any help getting these 2 cams working is much appreciated! Thank you

OUAnthony

• View Profile
I think someone else had a similar problem to you...and the general thought was that it was probably hardware/driver issue with the USB ports. I don't remember seeing a fix posted. You might look through and see if you can find that post. It was a couple of weeks ago I think...if that helps find it.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you are able to see the preview video from both webcams in the iCamSources when you click the Start button in each instance (and they both continue to update) then you should be able to connect if both share the same login and password combination.

iJoe

• View Profile
Both do share the same login/pass. Both cameras are viewable on my MAC, but not on the iphone. When both cameras are plugged in, they will not display on the phone. I have to unplug one, reset icamsource, then it will display on the iphone

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When you have both cameras plugged in, with two iCamSources running, both with the Start buttons clicked and the appropriate preview video in the iCamSource window, does the preview video in either iCamSource freeze? Or do the "Stop" buttons revert back to say "Start" at all?

If not, and it appears that both iCamSources appear to be running simultaneously on your Mac, then if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please be sure to reference this forum post in your e-mail.

iJoe

• View Profile
Both icamsource apps run perfectly fine on my MAC. When started, they both display video without any freezing.

An email has been sent. Thank you

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you for the e-mail.

I see that you have the Port Forward Range checkbox checked in your iCamSource windows. Are you forwarding ports in your router? If you uncheck those checkboxes are you able to connect via local WiFi?

Are you having problems connecting via local WiFi? Or just via 3G?

iJoe

• View Profile
Yes. I had to forward ports for use with 3g

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you uncheck those checkboxes are you able to connect via local WiFi?

Are you having problems connecting via local WiFi? Or just via 3G?

iJoe

• View Profile
If I have them unchecked, I cannot connect with either local WiFi or 3G. I need to have them checked in order to connect

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No matter what, cannot get multiple cameras (2 to be exact) to work
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
If the checkboxes are unchecked you are unable to connect via local WiFi? That's odd ... Usually users will have issues connecting via local WiFi if they checkboxes ARE checked and they have a software firewall running on their computer.

When you run them both, do you still see the No Sources Found error message?

If you close both iCamSources, unplug and then re-plug in both cameras, and then start one iCamSource, are you able to connect to it? I am not sure if it is the camera being plugged in or the running of two iCamSources that is the issue.

iJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 12:57:29 PM »
Both cameras are plugged in. Both icamsource apps are running. I am only able to view one camera on my phone now. The second one doesnt show up. Both port forward boxes are unchecked now. For some reason it connects to 1 camera now with them unchecked.

It seems it doesn't want to or cant pick up the camera that is running from the copied icamsource. If I shut down 1 app, then try to view 1 camera from the iphone, I get the Source connection error.

*edit* Looks like I only get the Source connection error when there are 2 cameras plugged into my mac. I shut down both apps, unplugged 1 camera, and now it is viewable again
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:11:57 PM by iJoe »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »
So if you close down both iCamSources, unplug both webcams and then plug them back in, and then launch one iCamSource, do you receive the Source Connection Error?

LabradorNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »
Got to say, I've been having problems too. One cam is fine. Add another and it screws everything up. I used to have 3 running no problem.

And both cams are wired and I have 5 mbit up but even on wifi, one only

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »
I had similar issues when running more than one instance of icamsource. Not saying this is your problem...but mine was the port forwarding. Does your computer that is running icamsource have a static IP address? You set port forwarding to the correct IP address for that computer with at least the minimum number of UDP ports? Those ports are registered as "open" when you run the port checker? And that's with any normally-running firewall software still running? And, of course, you have port forwarding (with the correct ports from the router forwarding) enabled in icamsource (should automatically be checked when you run the multiple sources).

I don't know if this makes any difference, but I also got a free dynamic DNS account from dyndns.org and have that account information entered in the router.

Setting it all up was a little tedious (several places where it's easy to go wrong), but once I got it configured correctly (correct firewall permissions, static IP address, router port forwarding, icamsource settings) it now works perfectly. Well almost...sometimes the audio doesn't seem to work over 3g. Since the audio source is on a computer that is running 2 instances of icamsource, I wonder if maybe I need to open an extra UPD port or 2. I also have another (3rd) instance of icamsource running on a laptop, with audio...haven't had any issues with the audio on it on 3g.