Author Topic: iCam XL? iPad iCam?  (Read 15596 times)

Nysebull

• View Profile
Re: iCam XL? iPad iCam?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »
Just purchased iCam and would like to add a vote for an iPad native res version as well.

Great and easy program, love it, and thanks.

hoodedcrow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 09:43:57 AM »
We don't have a definite date in mind, as we are going to be working on the next major update to the iCamSource first.

Request.... Please add a delay in (seconds/minutes) preference before software becomes active, i.e. before it tries to connect to a webcam and bring it on-line, option. I have a problem when the power goes out, the computer boots faster than the webcam can come on line. Icamsource starts up. I find icamsource not running with erroneous error messages. The problem is one webcam is a tilt pan webcam. It has to rotate the lens, going to a parked position, back to center. It takes time for it to reset itself, i.e. power up (it has a built in webserver)/rotate.  I could, I guess, put in a batch job to fire up at boot, but, would be nice to have it in the app. thanks.

Jleem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 06:48:49 AM »
Another request for an iPad "enhanced"version of iCam. Even if it's just to "res" everything up to native iPad resolution.

bilzabub

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
I would like to add my name to those requesting a higher resolution version for the ipad.  Actually I would prefer getting the ability to set the image size, frame rate, data rate myself for use within my network as I want to dedicate a network specifically to icam for viewing on an ipad and will have plenty of bandwidth to push fairly high quality video.

justferris

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »
I would also be interested in an iPad version. I am using the scaled version on my iPad now and would be willing to pay a premium for an iPad version.

The only enhancements I can think of would be a higher reolution option on the source software and maybe a webpage to use as a backup for the app. 

You have an amazing app. The iPhone commercial featuring your app and >1m iPads sold should definitely make it worth it for you in the long run.   

Dean

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »
Any updates on this topic? We're in desperate need for an iPad version...

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »
Once we have completed work on the next major version of the iCamSource application we will be adding iPad-optimizations to iCam.  There really isn't any timeline yet, since we haven't begun development on it.

uofmtiger

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
I just want to be added to the list of iPad owners.  I just purchased iCam for the iPhone and would buy it again for iPad resolution. 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »

uofmtiger

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
http://skjm.com/blog/?p=423  ;)
Fantastic!!!  Thanks for your hard work...maybe I should budget for more cameras. :)

Walthour

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
Would love to see this on the iPad.  I would gladly kick some more money towards this app if it supported iPad navigation, supported audio for live camera feeds, PTZ controls, etc.

There is going to be more interest in surveillance apps for iPad because of the larger screen, so hopefully iCam is the best one out there!

at least what with we have on the iPhone but with hi-res graphics. iCam is one of my most used apps. One stipulation, please make it a universal app..

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »
Thanks for your post. iCam is a universal App. You can download the app to your different iDevices, without being charged a second time, if you use the same iTunes account.