Author Topic: Feature Request - Time-based push?  (Read 4420 times)

mikewren

• View Profile
Feature Request - Time-based push?
« on: January 28, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »
Fantastic product guys, worth every penny!

The only thing I would add is the ability to optionally send a push iphone badge alert based on day and time.

For example, I only want to receive alerts when I'm not home, which is usually 9a - 5p Monday - Friday.

Otherwise, well done, a near perfect product!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request - Time-based push?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »
Having some sort of scheduling functionality with respect to the Push Notifications sent by the iCamSource has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

OregonFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 12:41:12 PM »

The only thing I would add is the ability to optionally send a push iphone badge alert based on day and time.

For example, I only want to receive alerts when I'm not home, which is usually 9a - 5p Monday - Friday.

I'd vote for the same functionality and it could reside on the iphone or the computer - either way is fine.

swaghorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 09:55:45 PM »

I'd vote for the same functionality and it could reside on the iphone or the computer - either way is fine.

I second this request...!!!

MitchelF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »
I agree fully.  Great product, Time based push would just make that much better.

pixelbrat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 06:25:41 AM »
Awesome app, one of my favorites.  The time-based push would make it almost perfect!  Can't wait for the update.

bfineman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »
I agree with the idea behind this request wholeheartedly, and I think scheduling could be one way to solve it. I'd like to propose some other solutions that could potentially meet my need better:

The home security use case is why I bought iCam. I have four cameras installed at my house, and having push notifications when movement is sensed is just what I want. Currently, when I leave the house I must enable push on each camera individually (which I can at least do from the iPhone interface, thanks!) and when I arrive home I must disable it again on each camera. Not terrible but I'm not sure I can keep that up everyday. What would be better:

- Scheduling would be pretty good. I could at least schedule it to be on from 9-5. Now, if I am home late or have a day off I would need to do some manual fiddling. Would not solve the case of leaving the house for an unscheduled event, like going to the store.

- An "ARM" button. If the iPhone interface had one button to "arm" push notifications on all cameras, that would be a step in the right direction. It could likewise be used to "disarm".

- "Profiles". Like the above, but only arming certain camera. A "normal" security system lets you have an "away" profile (all sensors armed) and a "home" profile (some armed, some disarmed). This would be better as you could use the "home" profiel to arm only exterior cameras, for example.

- Command line. If the above are hard, then adding command line support for enabling/disabling push would at least allow us to kludge our own solutions. I know you can start and stop cameras using command line, but I want the cameras to run all the time, but have push at only select times.

Thanks again for a great product, it's the best I've found.

tvguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »
Time based push, or scheduling, appears to be a very popular request and it certainly makes sense for this type of application. There are also requests for this in the reviews on the app store.

I am having difficulty understanding why this capability is only a "potential" feature request and not a "planned" request. Having this feature would set your app above other similar apps and would satisfy those of us whom dropped $5 on your application.

Please stop considering this a "potential" update and start thinking about this as a NECESSITY for your users. Sorry if this sounds harsh. I love your product and in general (other than occasional crashes) it works quite well for me. Scheduling is the one feature that I've been waiting for for months now and you continuously fail to deliver in your updates.

Thanks,

TVGuy.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 01:54:41 AM »
Recent development has been focused on improving the network protocol so that it works without configuration for a larger number of users.  In the immediate short term, we will probably be focused on maintaining and improving the new network changes that were just released.  Once that has stabilized a bit, we're planning on focusing our development on iCamSource features that have been requested by users.  Scheduling of notifications and recording will be one features we'll be looking into.