Author Topic: How to use my iphone as a source camera for Zoom  (Read 5312 times)

JLP

• View Profile
How to use my iphone as a source camera for Zoom
« on: April 22, 2020, 04:59:39 AM »
I purchased iCam to be able to use my iphone as a source camera via Wifi primarily for Zoom. All I see however is how to use the iphone to receive cameras - in my case from my mac or logitec webcam.

Can you please advise?

Thank you kindly, Joe

JJF

• View Profile
Re: How to use my iphone as a source camera for Zoom
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 06:06:11 AM »
I had the same question, that is, I want to use my Android phone as a webcam on my Mac laptop. The following article makes me think it is possible: Tom's Guide "How to use your phone as a webcam".
Perhaps iCamSource goes on the phone and iCam goes on the laptop?

JJF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 06:08:36 AM »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 12:19:09 PM »
iCam Pro is meant to allow users to view their computer webcam remotely from their mobile device, as a sort of low-cost alternative to a security system. It is not meant to turn a mobile device into the equivalent of a USB webcam to connect to a computer to use with Zoom, Skype, etc.

yesbyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 05:40:59 PM »
This might be why you are getting this question. Is there no truth to Mashable's snapchat article? Is there a different app named iCam that you are aware of that might do this?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 04:24:33 PM »
Unfortunately no, that's not how our iCam app works. Not sure if there is another similarly-named "iCam" app out there that is causing the confusion? :o

iamrockinrich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
This from your website:
"Remotely monitor multiple live video and audio webcam feeds from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android device over WiFi and EDGE/3G/4G/LTE."
"Stream live audio and video from your iOS device's microphone and camera to another mobile device running iCam over WiFi and EDGE/3G/4G/LTE."

It says you can stream FROM iOS device

CD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 12:31:23 PM »
what a disappointment and waste of money! In 2 different articles I saw iCam recommended for using an iphone as a webcam/secondary camera for Skype calls from a PC. Supposedly also via USB connection. Now you're saying that's not true?

tuck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 11:00:16 AM »
FYI this is still being posted and driving business to your product.  Very disappointing as the article similar to the one mentioned above is the reason I purchased.  I will be requesting a refund.  Please search and correct these articles, here's one: www[dot]tomsguide[dot]com/news/how-to-use-your-phone-as-a-webcam.  I have a negative experience/opinion of your product now because of this and will likely not purchase any of your products again. 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 12:05:01 PM »
I also would suggest to anyone that is misinformed by an article online to contact the author to notify them of their error. We will always be more than happy to refund anyone who was misled by something they read online.

phil_the

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 06:23:22 AM »
I have just fell for this too. This website says that iCam allows your phone to be used as a webcam on your pc:
www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-your-iphone-as-a-webcam-heres-how-ios/
"iCam is a paid app that can turn an iPhone into a webcam. The mobile app is just one part of the equation; like EpocCam, you'll also need the iCamSource component on your computer. Once you have both apps installed, you can stream live video and audio from any iOS device."
it is very misleading. I actually purchased icam on my phone and downloaded icamsource to the PC, then realised that was the wrong way around for what I wanted, so I purchased iCamSource for the phone too before discovering that iCam is not available on the PC :-(
Can these misleading websites be reported to Google, so they stop showing up in search results?
Can you please put something on your home page and download page to clearly state that you can't use iCam to use your phone as a webcam for your PC?
Thanks
Phil
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 06:26:15 AM by phil_the »