Author Topic: How to use my iphone as a webcam?  (Read 4018 times)

deegz1

• View Profile
How to use my iphone as a webcam?
« on: April 07, 2020, 05:13:51 AM »
I've bought and downloaded the phone app and desktop app it's working, but all I am seeing is my webcam {inbuilt isight cam} mirrored on my phone, I want to use my phone as a mobile webcam and use it as the main camera on Zoom, Skype, is this possible and if so how?...
thanks,
Alex

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to use my iphone as a webcam?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 07:46:28 AM »
I've bought and downloaded the phone app and desktop app it's working, but all I am seeing is my webcam {inbuilt isight cam} mirrored on my phone, I want to use my phone as a mobile webcam and use it as the main camera on Zoom, Skype, is this possible and if so how?...
thanks,
Alex

iCam Pro is meant to allow users to view their computer webcam remotely from their mobile device, as a sort of low-cost alternative to a security system. It is not meant to turn a mobile device into the equivalent of a USB webcam to connect to a computer to use with Zoom, Skype, etc.

mlayden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 09:44:19 PM »
I was hoping to find a solution to this too - lots of online guides seem to say it's possible. I downloaded source to my iphone so it can be the camera, but can't figure out how to send the feed to my Mac. Is this not possible?

iamrockinrich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 12:42:09 PM »
This from your website:
"Remotely monitor multiple live video and audio webcam feeds from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android device over WiFi and EDGE/3G/4G/LTE."
"Stream live audio and video from your iOS device's microphone and camera to another mobile device running iCam over WiFi and EDGE/3G/4G/LTE."

It says you can stream FROM iOS device

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 02:02:47 PM »
Yes, you can use the iCamSource Mobile to stream to another mobile device running iCam: "Stream live audio and video from your iOS device's microphone and camera to another mobile device running iCam over WiFi and EDGE/3G/4G/LTE."

This from your website:
"Remotely monitor multiple live video and audio webcam feeds from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android device over WiFi and EDGE/3G/4G/LTE."
"Stream live audio and video from your iOS device's microphone and camera to another mobile device running iCam over WiFi and EDGE/3G/4G/LTE."

It says you can stream FROM iOS device