Author Topic: says "connection closed" when going from preview to fullscreen view  (Read 3947 times)

Kitty1219

• View Profile
Works when on the same wifi but over cellular it will say "connection closed" if I try to fullscreen the camera. If I hit the refresh button it will refresh and show the preview again but if I try to click it to be able to hear the audio it will say "connection closed" again.

I pay the monthly fees and have unlimited proxy data. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times on both my iphone and pc. This is getting frustrating as I have less use for watching the camera feed when I am home than when I am out. Feels like a waste of money and I am now looking for other software incase I cant get this fixed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:30:47 AM by Kitty1219 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What input do you currently have selected in your iCamSource Pro under the Audio drop-down? If you temporarily select No Audio are you then able to zoom in on the camera via cellular data?

Kitty1219

• View Profile
My corsair microphone is the selected device.

Yes it works with no audio selected. How do I get it to work *with* sound?

Also it gave a "source connection error" but the feed didn't cut out.It is still working over cellular right now even after the error

I just tried using the built in mic for the webcam and it is the same "connection closed" error as with the corsair
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:54:55 AM by Kitty1219 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That is odd ... What version of the iCamSource Pro are you using, and are you running it on a Mac or Windows PC? What version of your computer's OS are you currently running?

Kitty1219

• View Profile
iCamSourcePro1.3.1.1

PC running Windows 10 Home 64

Kitty1219

• View Profile
Re: says "connection closed" when going from preview to fullscreen view
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 03:52:25 AM »
Any ideas how to fix this??

Kitty1219

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 12:22:09 PM »
I need to know how to fix this or else I will be forced to cancel my subscriptions

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 04:50:42 PM »
Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce the issue in our testing. Do you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam?

Kitty1219

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »
The drivers appear to be up to date too. There are 2 cameras I have one doesn't work with icam at all (a gearhead cam) and the other is the one I was referring to in my original post (Logitech C15).

I did discover something interesting last night while trying to test solutions. I had turned off the light and then realised that it didn't do the "connection closed" crash over cellular data it always does. I was able to hear the audio and as soon as I turned on the light it IMMEDIATELY crashed again. With the light off it was pitch black but I did see the dim led indicator light on my partner's computer, so there was video being transmitted. I tested this 3 more times with the same result. If the light was off, audio and video came through, but it crashed as soon as the light was turned on. giving me the same "connection closed"

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 07:29:57 AM »
That is interesting ... Do you have motion / sound detection enabled? If so, and you temporarily disable it, do you still see the Connection Closed issue.