Author Topic: iCam Pro works on Mac but not on windows  (Read 4427 times)

Foz86

• View Profile
iCam Pro works on Mac but not on windows
« on: March 17, 2019, 08:45:16 PM »
Hi,

I'm an long time user who first used iCam in 2013 as a baby monitor. I'm coming back to the platform to setup multiple surveillance cameras around my house using some spare iPhone 4s's and ipCam.

I first tried setting up iCam Pro source on my iMac and everything works just fine as intended. However, I wanna use my always ON Windows 10 media server instead, but I can't get it to work on there. Well, iCam source works, I can see my cameras feed in the app, but I can't connect my iPhone app to it. I'm always getting "No LAN sources found". My iCam login ARE INDEED correct on both devices.

I'm wondering if there might be some windows firewall settings that I'm not aware of that might be blocking the connection. I'm no windows expert. More of a Mac kinda person.

Thanks

Foz86

• View Profile
Re: iCam Pro works on Mac but not on windows
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:53:23 AM »
Anyone here? Can I get help?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 11:11:11 AM »
Hi,

I'm an long time user who first used iCam in 2013 as a baby monitor. I'm coming back to the platform to setup multiple surveillance cameras around my house using some spare iPhone 4s's and ipCam.

I first tried setting up iCam Pro source on my iMac and everything works just fine as intended. However, I wanna use my always ON Windows 10 media server instead, but I can't get it to work on there. Well, iCam source works, I can see my cameras feed in the app, but I can't connect my iPhone app to it. I'm always getting "No LAN sources found". My iCam login ARE INDEED correct on both devices.

I'm wondering if there might be some windows firewall settings that I'm not aware of that might be blocking the connection. I'm no windows expert. More of a Mac kinda person.

Thanks

When you click the Start button in the iCamSource Pro on your Windows computer, do you see the words "Connecting ..." or "Connected to Server" in the application title bar?

If you just see "Connecting ..." then yes, it may be blocked by something on your Windows machine, but if you see "Connected to Server" then you should be able to connect.

If you run the iCamSource Pro on your Mac and Windows machine at the same time, using the same login and password for both, do you only see the Mac iCamSource Pro in iCam Pro on your phone?

If so, then if you could visit http://ip4.me/ from the Mac and Windows computers running the iCamSource and email support@skjm.com what it says your computers' external IP address is (it should be the same for both) then hopefully I can look it up in our Broker Server logs and further troubleshoot this issue. (Please be sure to reference this forum post in your email.)

Foz86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 10:09:36 AM »
Just ran the tests you asked for.

On both windows and Mac machines I get  "connected to server" in the title bar.

When I run iCamsource pro on both machines at the same time, I only see the camera connected to the Mac source app.

external IP is the same on both machines as well. I will be emailing the details to you shortly.

thanks

Fix411

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 09:33:49 AM »
Why am I getting a message saying installation package for Icamsource pro cannot be found. I'm using windowa 10 and this has not worked in about 3 weeks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 02:03:01 PM »
Your installation may have gotten into a weird state. I would suggest re-downloading and re-installing the iCamSource Pro from our website: http://skjm.com/icampro/support.php

Kitty1219

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 12:02:44 PM »
I have tried that multiple times ~.~