Author Topic: Does the IPCam program automatically stream to the internet?  (Read 3618 times)

Tango

• View Profile
Does the IPCam program automatically stream to the internet?
« on: November 15, 2018, 07:32:32 PM »
I need a simple IP camera for short time use (and maybe I'll end up using it later, if it works).

My basic issue is that I need to be able to use a program on my iPad or a camera that does not depend on the internet to work.  In other words, if I'm in the house, and the iPad is in another room, if the internet is out, I need to still be able to see it by connecting through my LAN.

I also want to make sure that when the internet connection is working, that the camera is not sending out a stream to a website or elsewhere.  I know a lot of webcams connect to the manufacturer's website.  I basically don't want data leaving the LAN.

(We're on satellite internet, so any video streaming going through it would slow down other data.  We also have a monthly data cap and streaming video from an IP camera would put us WAY over that cap!)

Will I be able to control the data and streaming with this program so I don't have to deal with a video stream going from the LAN to the main internet and burning up our bandwidth?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Does the IPCam program automatically stream to the internet?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 07:00:52 AM »
Our ipCam app will only wait for incoming connections from your local LAN, and not stream any video or audio data to the Internet.