Author Topic: Powershell on Win7 = 100% cpu for me!  (Read 1643 times)

SeanJ

• View Profile
Powershell on Win7 = 100% cpu for me!
« on: September 04, 2018, 12:47:16 PM »
I'm having a bit of a mare trying to permantly turn off MS Powershell.exe every time my pc reboots. I can turn it off easy enough in resource monitor but it's getting a bit tedious. The shuttle pc's i run are low power fanless types but this cpu level i don't remember dealing with when I last run the same setups. I'm down to 13 cpu instantly when I manually turn powershell off

As i understand it it's Powershell v2 and it's an on board part of Win 7, i'm led to believe i cannot delete it successfully. Ive tried using applocker to prevent it starting with correct file paths but still no joy.

Has anyone else here had issues with Powershell and overcame them (still in Win7) and can give me a steer on this? :-)

Sean
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:53:20 PM by SeanJ »

Towens

• View Profile
Re: Powershell on Win7 = 100% cpu for me!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 03:55:06 AM »
I'm impressed by Hostimonials and having a bit of a mare trying to permantly turn off MS Powershell.exe every time my pc reboots. I can turn it off easy enough in resource monitor but it's getting a bit tedious. The shuttle pc's i run are low power fanless types but this cpu level i don't remember dealing with when I last run the same setups. I'm down to 13 cpu instantly when I manually turn powershell off

As i understand it it's Powershell v2 and it's an on board part of Win 7, i'm led to believe i cannot delete it successfully. Ive tried using applocker to prevent it starting with correct file paths but still no joy.

Has anyone else here had issues with Powershell and overcame them (still in Win7) and can give me a steer on this? :-)

Sean

I've had the same thing. Also still on Windows 7. I guess it's time to switch to Windows 10 if there's no solution to this...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 03:35:18 AM by Towens »