Author Topic: Help with Amcrest IPM-721 or did I just throw my money away  (Read 2563 times)

Pontihog

• View Profile
Been using Icam for years and one of my Tenvis cameras just died. 

I did some searching on these forums and saw a thread about the Amcrest cameras.  Even though they were H264 there was a thread the newer cameras had MJPEG also.
So I received it today and am having difficulty getting it to work with icam.

I see in the settings under enable substream a drop down box that has MJPEG for encode mode.  I have tried changing this, but I get error messages in Icam source.  Is this the stream I need? Any suggestions on how to access this stream?

Am I out of luck or has anyone gotten the Amcrest to work?

Thanks for any info

Jim

Pontihog

• View Profile
Re: Help with Amcrest IPM-721 or did I just throw my money away
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »

After trying different codes I found on other sites that mention they are able to pull a Mpjeg stream, now I am getting the following response from Icam

Cannot find Audio data. Your IP camera may not be supported.  Other url codes I get 401 Webcam authorization error, but I know my login and password are correct

Hoping to hear from someone, even a SKJM employee.  As they mentioned they had luck with an Amcrest camera:

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=6568.0

Thanks
Jim

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:11:51 PM by Pontihog »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 10:59:30 AM »
We don't have experience with that specific camera, but are you seeing any video or image data from the camera in to the iCamSource?

Have you tried the various JEPG or MJPEG URLs for Amcrest cameras listed here? - https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Amcrest

Pontihog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  No I am not seeing any image or video in icam source.

I have tried all the codes at the link and didnt have any luck.  As some of them state not finding the camera and some state not correct user/password.

Oh well, thanks for the suggestions

Just not sure if I need to turn something on in the camera settings as I see other people in other sites have stated they were able to pull the mjpeg stream

Thanks again

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 08:51:46 PM »
Have you tried contacting Amcrest support to see if that specific camera supports a JPEG or MJPEG stream?