Author Topic: WiFi camera with night vision recommendation?  (Read 2928 times)

iphone2000

• View Profile
WiFi camera with night vision recommendation?
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:01:46 PM »
Jay/Stefan...first off, love your app, truly remarkable and so simple to set up.  I'm impressed that you guys are always so responsive to this forum, in my opinion it's this level of support that makes a great product really shine.  Anyway, enough brown nosing, curious if you or other iCam users have recommendations on a good WiFi camera that has night vision.  I see from other posts you guys use  Linksys WVC54GCA (not the WVC54GC) and the Airlink101 SkyIPCam250W, but neither seem to have night vision.  Then I saw on your video of new features, (mice in the attic) you were using a night vision cam.  One other question, I've had issues using two USB camera's on one computer, any issues using two (or even 4) WiFi cameras on one computer?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WiFi camera with night vision recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:48:12 AM »
I'm glad you like iCam  :)

We also own the following Airlink101 Wi-Fi cameras that do include IR night vision:

AirLink101 SkyIPCam500W - http://www.airlink101.com/products/aicn500w.php
AirLink101 SkyIPCam747W - http://www.airlink101.com/products/aicn747w.php

They've both been tested extensively with iCamSource.

It's hard to tell if the computer would have difficulty with multiple Wi-Fi cameras.  It depends on the framerate and resolution of the MJPEG stream.  The higher the framerate and resolution, the more processing is required to keep up. 

sffan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:42:27 AM »
Novice night vision question:

Since you own these Airlink cameras...can you see the LEDs in the dark; in other words, are these cameras invisible at night time?

Thank you.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:55:03 AM »
The SkyIPCam500W LEDs do glow red, but the SkyIPCam747W ones do not. (Not sure why, though.)

sffan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »
Thanks!

I want to be able to "see" in the dark but I do not want to advertise the fact. Now I know which camera to purchase.

Regards