Author Topic: Not receiving notifications since update iOS/MacOS  (Read 2000 times)

ckuehne

• View Profile
Not receiving notifications since update iOS/MacOS
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »
I’ve been using iCamSource Pro since it’s first release, and I’m encountering an issue I’ve never had before. After updating to iOS 11.3 and macOS 10.13.4, I have not received any notifications at all  from iCamSource Pro after it detects motion or sound. I’m seeing in the iCamSource Pro preferences that when something is detected, it is correctly highlighting motion or sound, but something is happening where it’s either not pushing the notifications to my iPad or iPhone or that it IS pushing them, but my iOS devices are not receiving them. I haven’t had any loss of notifications from any other apps. The notifications are missing with both the latest final release of the Mac app, and the current beta, as of today (beta 4, I believe).  It IS recording the video of the motion detections and saving that to my hard drive, so that is not the issue - it’s just the push notifications.  I’ve tried disabling, then reenabling notification in the iOS settings, but that has not helped. All other functionality from the apps are working fine.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not receiving notifications since update iOS/MacOS
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:06:05 PM »
Notifications are still working for us with the latest versions of iOS and macOS ... Have you tried rebooting your iOS device?

If you are still having issues, then if you could visit http://ip4.me/ from the computer running the iCamSource Pro and email support@skjm.com what it says your computer’s IP address is then hopefully we can look it up in our Broker Server logs and further troubleshoot this issue.

I’ve been using iCamSource Pro since it’s first release, and I’m encountering an issue I’ve never had before. After updating to iOS 11.3 and macOS 10.13.4, I have not received any notifications at all  from iCamSource Pro after it detects motion or sound. I’m seeing in the iCamSource Pro preferences that when something is detected, it is correctly highlighting motion or sound, but something is happening where it’s either not pushing the notifications to my iPad or iPhone or that it IS pushing them, but my iOS devices are not receiving them. I haven’t had any loss of notifications from any other apps. The notifications are missing with both the latest final release of the Mac app, and the current beta, as of today (beta 4, I believe).  It IS recording the video of the motion detections and saving that to my hard drive, so that is not the issue - it’s just the push notifications.  I’ve tried disabling, then reenabling notification in the iOS settings, but that has not helped. All other functionality from the apps are working fine.

ckuehne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 02:20:46 PM »
Hi Stefon,

Well, I’m not sure what happened, but notifications started working again, today. I did restart my iPhone last night, but that didn’t make any difference. I didn’t restart my iPad. So, unfortunately, I don’t know what the issue was...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 08:13:20 AM »
That's odd. Usually a restart would do it.

Glad to hear that things are working again, and if you ever have similar issues, please let us know.  :)

ckuehne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 12:34:42 PM »
I will! Thank you.