Author Topic: iCamSource Pro 1.3.4 BETA Released with H.264/MPEG-4 Support  (Read 32663 times)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource Pro 1.3.4 BETA Released with H.264/MPEG-4 Support
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2018, 07:04:32 PM »
How's that Windows beta coming along? :) Or perfecting features in the Mac version first? I'm trying to force myself to be patient, but I'm excited. haha

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 11:05:15 AM »
How's that Windows beta coming along? :) Or perfecting features in the Mac version first? I'm trying to force myself to be patient, but I'm excited. haha

Still working on bringing the changes from the new Mac iCamSource Pro to the Windows version ... It's one of our top priorities, but unfortunately other things have been getting in the way recently. It's still coming, though! :)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »
I get camera offline errors at least once every day or two, but the camera is still accessible. To be fair, I use another app on my wife's Kindle Fire so I can use it as a baby cam, and I experience the same problem with it every day or two. I know the camera is not rebooting, as it is a pan/tilt and would be pointing in a different direction if it rebooted. I know my router isn't rebooting either (per the logs). The camera is located near the router, so I don't think it's dropping the Wi-Fi connection, but I guess that's the only possibility. Any ideas on how I can avoid the offline errors if the Wi-Fi is temporarily dropping out? Thanks!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 11:31:12 AM »
If the camera is going offline briefly and then coming back online and you want to ignore those events you could increment the Notification Threshold from 1 to 2 to prevent receiving notifications for 1 frame of motion detected, and you could also increase the Record Minimum from 1 to 2 to prevent recordings being saved that just have a single frame of motion.

Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2018, 12:27:45 AM »
Hi, I love the software, thanks.

I'm trying to use iCamsource pro with some new ip cameras. I can get a connection to them with VLC using the address rtsp://<user>:<pass>@ipaddress:port/live/ch00_1 but when I try this with iCamsource pro it crashes. I have tried also:

rtsp://ipaddress:port/live/ch00_1

I have the latest crash report and screenshot of the VLC codec it that is useful.

Thanks for your help. Paul

Jemfirriolo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2018, 02:00:32 PM »
Got it working and it’s wonderful. Thank you!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 01:50:31 PM by Jemfirriolo »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:52 AM »
Hi, I love the software, thanks.

I'm trying to use iCamsource pro with some new ip cameras. I can get a connection to them with VLC using the address rtsp://<user>:<pass>@ipaddress:port/live/ch00_1 but when I try this with iCamsource pro it crashes. I have tried also:

rtsp://ipaddress:port/live/ch00_1

I have the latest crash report and screenshot of the VLC codec it that is useful.

Thanks for your help. Paul

If you try just connecting to the camera using rtsp://ipaddress:port does the iCamSoruce Pro still crash? If you could send the crash reports to support@skjm.com that would be helpful, thanks!

Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 10:57:29 AM »
Hi, Thanks for the suggestions. I tried this but iCamSources pro still crashes. I've sent an email to support with the crash report and VLC codecs information. Thanks for the help, Paul

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 12:43:23 PM »
Hi, Thanks for the suggestions. I tried this but iCamSources pro still crashes. I've sent an email to support with the crash report and VLC codecs information. Thanks for the help, Paul

Thanks for the crash log! It looks like the crash is related to your version of macOS (Mavericks). We'll make the appropriate changes to the code and have another build ready that should fix the issue for you.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 01:04:41 PM »
Here is the updated build that should fix the crashing issue in macOS 10.9 Mavericks:

iCamSource Pro 1.3.4.7 BETA for macOS - http://skjm.com/icampro/iCamSourcePro1.3.4.7.dmg

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2018, 05:48:25 PM »
If the camera is going offline briefly and then coming back online and you want to ignore those events you could increment the Notification Threshold from 1 to 2 to prevent receiving notifications for 1 frame of motion detected, and you could also increase the Record Minimum from 1 to 2 to prevent recordings being saved that just have a single frame of motion.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I never get push notifications letting me know that a camera has gone offline. However, in iCamSourcePro, a camera offline image appears in the app. I'm not sure what's causing it...but it's very annoying because I constantly have to click the start/stop button in iCamSourcePro.

Also, any news on the Windows version? :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »
Oh, so when the camera goes offline in the iCamSource Pro, you have to re-click the Stop / Start button to get it to come back? That is odd, because the iCamSource Pro displays the "offline" image when it loses its connection, and it should try to reconnect periodically when the connection is lost.

I am assuming this is the latest Mac BETA version that you are using, correct?

As for the Windows version, we are still working on it, but are just experiencing one roadblock after another, so it is just unfortunately slow going. But it is still moving forward! :)

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2018, 01:00:50 PM »
LQQIng forward to this for iOS (hint hint)!

Windows/iOS devices
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:03:21 PM by dkb52 »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2018, 01:38:04 PM »
I'm running iCamSource Pro on a Windows computer, as it's currently my 24/7 home computer. My only Mac at this point is my work laptop. I do have to re-click the Stop/Start button when it goes offline, then it'll work temporarily again. I can't wait for the updated Windows version. Thank you for all of your work on it!

Oh, so when the camera goes offline in the iCamSource Pro, you have to re-click the Stop / Start button to get it to come back? That is odd, because the iCamSource Pro displays the "offline" image when it loses its connection, and it should try to reconnect periodically when the connection is lost.

I am assuming this is the latest Mac BETA version that you are using, correct?

As for the Windows version, we are still working on it, but are just experiencing one roadblock after another, so it is just unfortunately slow going. But it is still moving forward! :)

hitechabyss

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2018, 12:42:55 AM »
Not sure where to post this, but wanted to mention that Unifi g3 dome cameras in standalone mode with RTSP streams (both 1080i and 1024x576) work (as well as they can) with your software.    I've connected using RTSP, I think having 3-4 of these cameras in 1080i + high resolution would probably not work well only because at 24fps the amount of data is substantial.

with 2 cameras, in 1024x576 icamsource is avg. about 2Mbs - 4Mbs.

in 1920x1080, high-res it's avg. between 6.5Mbs to 10Mbs without much activity.    these cameras are kind of strange, they have a lot of noise, artifacts and generally are pretty tedious to use.   I'm giving up on Unifi Video gear, I've been looking for server side software and remember your stuff was really pretty good for the cost and simple set up (being able to all my the spare iPhones, and USB/firewire cameras is nice too).

this is with the latest version of software  1.3.4.7 beta and the latest uvc-g3-dome firmware 4.4.8 I think.

good job, it's nice when things just work.    you would'nt believe how much time and effort I've spent trying to get other products to work, probably can't name brands, but the L* 16 camera 1080p? system was money wasted (costco special) and now the unifi g3-dome and g3-camera.

One thing to mention though, there's an error "ERROR: Unknown audio codec: AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)