Author Topic: iCamSource Pro 1.3.4 BETA Released with H.264/MPEG-4 Support  (Read 32665 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource Pro 1.3.4 BETA Released with H.264/MPEG-4 Support
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »
I have found that I am unable to operate the Pan/Tilt with the iCam Pro iPhone App but I had this limitation with my previous Trendnet TP-IP651WI cameras also. The Pan/Tilt works great with the Trendnet TV-IP422W series models however the resolution of these older cameras is not very good.  If there are any settings adjustments in iCamSource Pro or in the camera settings that anyone would recommend to allow pan/tilt from the iPhone, please advise.

We are working on Pan/Tilt support now.  8)

A useful software feature would be to have an enable/disable feature per camera whereby if a specific camera will not be used temporarily it can be disabled in the software without having to use the minus button to delete it permanently and loose all the settings.

Added this to our new feature list. Thanks for the feedback!

I have another Amcrest camera on order to arrive tomorrow, model IP3M-HX2B (2K, wide angle, non pan/tilt). I will report back as to it’s compatibility with the new iCamSource Pro beta version.

Great, thanks! :)

schmegs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »
Previous versions of the BETA silently reconnected to the camera if the connection was lost, but 1.3.4.4 introduced the same "Network Camera Offline" image that the MJPEG/JPEG camera connections use when the connection is lost and the iCamSource Pro is waiting to reconnect.

We are noticing a lot more reconnections occurring when running the iCamSource Pro on an older (Early 2009) Mac mini running macOS 10.11 as opposed to more modern Macs. What Mac and version of macOS are you currently running it on?

I'm running on a Late 2009 (so still older) Mac mini running 10.11.6.

ejg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »
The Amcrest model IP3M-HX2B camera arrived last night and it works great with 1.3.4.4.  FYI I am running macOS 10.13.4 on an iMac 27" Late 2012 model.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 11:00:57 AM »
The Amcrest model IP3M-HX2B camera arrived last night and it works great with 1.3.4.4.  FYI I am running macOS 10.13.4 on an iMac 27" Late 2012 model.

Great, thanks for the update!  :)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 03:33:50 AM »
Any update on the Windows version with H.264/MPEG-4 support? I'm anxious to test it out. :) Thanks!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 02:09:42 PM »
Any update on the Windows version with H.264/MPEG-4 support? I'm anxious to test it out. :) Thanks!

We're still working on the Windows version, but we do have an update for the Mac version that includes pan-tilt control support:

iCamSource Pro 1.3.4.5 BETA for macOS - http://skjm.com/icampro/iCamSourcePro1.3.4.5.dmg

If you have a pan-tilt camera that you are testing with, please let us know how this latest version goes!  8)

ejg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 06:54:18 AM »
I've installed version 1.3.4.5 Beta on an iMac (late 2012) running macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4 which is the most recent version.

Pan tilt from my iPhone and iPad still works with my old Trendnet IP422 cameras but it does not work with my old Trendnet IP-651WI or my new Amcrest IP3M-941B cameras. 

Both Trendnet cameras are set-up in iCam Source Pro for MJPEG.  The Amcrest is RTSP.

I am not finding any settings in the camera control panel configurations that would prohibit remote pan/tilt control.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 08:34:21 AM »
I've installed version 1.3.4.5 Beta on an iMac (late 2012) running macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4 which is the most recent version.

Pan tilt from my iPhone and iPad still works with my old Trendnet IP422 cameras but it does not work with my old Trendnet IP-651WI or my new Amcrest IP3M-941B cameras. 

Both Trendnet cameras are set-up in iCam Source Pro for MJPEG.  The Amcrest is RTSP.

I am not finding any settings in the camera control panel configurations that would prohibit remote pan/tilt control.

Thanks for the feedback!

I am assuming that the Amcrest camera's pan/tilt functionality works if you connect to it using your web browser or their own mobile app, correct?

We are currently working on adding some logging functionality to the next BETA that should be able to help us troubleshoot these kinds of camera inconsistencies.

ejg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 10:23:13 AM »
Stefan, 

That is correct,  I can adjust the Amcrest Pan/Tilt using a browser (Chrome) and with their Amcrest View mobile app tested with both an iPhone and iPad.

It might be interesting for you to know that for browser control and access to the Amcrest camera control panels on a Mac I need to use the Google Chrome browser with the Amcrest Web View Plug-In. A Mac Safari or Mac Firefox Plug-In is not available.

For me the Pan/Tilt from iCam Source Pro is not essential but it would be nice.

Thanks for your work on this.

schmegs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 02:47:45 PM »
Just starting today (without an update to the computer client or anything), another one of my cameras started giving the "Network Camera Offline" graphic frequently in the newest iCamSource Pro beta. Are my cameras going bad, or is there something going on in the client? I'll restart the cameras when I get home to see if that fixes it, but is there some way at least to keep iCam from notifying me every time the camera goes off- and on-line (which seems to happen several times an hour...)?

--Greg

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 08:13:17 PM »
Just starting today (without an update to the computer client or anything), another one of my cameras started giving the "Network Camera Offline" graphic frequently in the newest iCamSource Pro beta. Are my cameras going bad, or is there something going on in the client? I'll restart the cameras when I get home to see if that fixes it, but is there some way at least to keep iCam from notifying me every time the camera goes off- and on-line (which seems to happen several times an hour...)?

--Greg

That is odd. In our testing we have actually seen the opposite, where one camera that used to keep closing the connection to the iCamSource Pro simply stopped doing it. It may be related to when we changed the connection from Ethernet to WiF, but are not 100% sure that was the cause.

One thing you can do to prevent the frequent notifications is to increase the Notification Threshold for the camera from 1 to 2, requiring 2 changes in the scene to trigger a notification.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 09:54:21 AM »
Stefan, 

That is correct,  I can adjust the Amcrest Pan/Tilt using a browser (Chrome) and with their Amcrest View mobile app tested with both an iPhone and iPad.

It might be interesting for you to know that for browser control and access to the Amcrest camera control panels on a Mac I need to use the Google Chrome browser with the Amcrest Web View Plug-In. A Mac Safari or Mac Firefox Plug-In is not available.

For me the Pan/Tilt from iCam Source Pro is not essential but it would be nice.

Thanks for your work on this.

It turns out there was some hard-coded information specific to our test camera that was likely the cause of your Pan-Tilt issue. We have a new version available that should fix that!

iCamSource Pro 1.3.4.6 BETA for macOS - http://skjm.com/icampro/iCamSourcePro1.3.4.6.dmg

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 11:46:29 PM »
I tried the newest Mac version and attempted to swipe (like in iCam) to control my pan/tilt camera...but nothing happened. I guess my brand/model isn't supported. Bummer!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2018, 07:07:41 AM »
I tried the newest Mac version and attempted to swipe (like in iCam) to control my pan/tilt camera...but nothing happened. I guess my brand/model isn't supported. Bummer!

What's the brand/model of your camera, OUAnthony?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 12:19:46 AM »
FDT FD8901. Thanks!