Author Topic: No sound with Airlink 747W camera  (Read 3207 times)

theseep

• View Profile
No sound with Airlink 747W camera
« on: January 09, 2010, 12:41:12 AM »
Hello,

This is my first attempt to setup the iCam programs and have two copies of the OSX version running on our Mac Mini.  One is feeding an iSight firewire camera and the other is feeding an Airlink 747W.  The video is working well on both but there is no audio from the Airlink camera.  I've ensured that the audio is on in the settings page of the camera but no dice.  Is this a compatibility problem with this camera?  Are there any wireless network cameras that will stream both audio and video through a Mac?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No sound with Airlink 747W camera
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:52:17 AM »
Support for IP cameras is currently video-only.  We have begun investigating the different audio formats used by IP cameras and if we determine there is a standard format used by a large number of cameras (similar to MJPEG for the video), we will probably be adding support for that format in the future.

dabido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »
I can't get the video from the 747W to work...which of the four mjpeg links worked for you?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi is the one we use with the 747W.  :)

dabido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
Thanks!

Having a weird issue with the 500W...plugged it in, and it showed up in the SkyIP Utility, so I changed the IP address, and the stream worked for a few minutes, but now its not showing up on the network at all. I hit the reset button on the back, but it's still not found.

dabido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 11:02:28 AM »
Nevermind! It just suddenly showed up.