Author Topic: Several questions on how iCam Pro works  (Read 2311 times)

hawkphil

• View Profile
Several questions on how iCam Pro works
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »
I am going on 3 weeks vacation and want to put some security camera inside master bedroom. I want to be able to get notification when something goes wrong (like a breakin that triggers motion detection). So I got a lot of questions to evaluate this product (either iCam or iCam Pro):

1. When motion detection triggers, can it send the file online? Or how to make the file (image is fine) to send to remote location (either email, Dropbox or FTP server)? I don't need to monitor every single minute if there is no motion detection triggered.

2. If Wifi gone offline, where will the image be saved?

3. Can this work when iPad goes on lock mode? Like if a thief breaks into my house, he will steal the iPad too. I want to make sure he cannot open it. Also I want to have the images sent to some remote location as mentioned in #1.

Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Several questions on how iCam Pro works
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »
1. Unfortunately, if you are using iCamSource Mobile, it is not compatible with Dropbox, etc. If you use iCamSource on a computer, a number of users use the free DropBox service to automatically mirror the Motion Events recorded by the iCamSource to a remote server in case the computer is turned off or stolen. You can can move the motion events folder into your Dropbox folder and then click the “Change” button in the iCamSource to tell it that the location of the motion events folder has changed.

2. Motion Events are stored on the device running iCamSource. For iCamSource Mobile, Events are saved in the iCamSource Mobile private app data. More information about Motion Events for iCamSource Mobile can be found here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php?icamsourcemobile#motion_events For iCamSource on a computer, by default the Motion Events folder on your computer is: User>Pictures>iCamSource Motion Events

3. Apple does allow apps to run in the background, however, they don’t allow access to the camera while the app is in the background, so iCamSource Mobile won’t work in the background. You can darken your screen if you single-tap the preview view.