Author Topic: iOS8 iCamSource app hangs at login  (Read 2246 times)

nswilliams

• View Profile
iOS8 iCamSource app hangs at login
« on: June 03, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »
Hi,

I am an official beta tester of iOS 8 and did the clean install. There is a prompt "LOGIN REQUIRED" asking me to login and I click OK, but got circular waiting icon without seeing to type username and password. Killed app and tried again. Even reinstall did not help.

Is there work around?

Maybe time for you to get beta copy of iOS 8 and work with it? If you do not plan to do this, I guess I have to go back to 7.x IOS just because of this app issue. I need home security. Sigh. :-X

nswilliams

• View Profile
Re: iOS8 iCamSource app hangs at login
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »
I also copied the preference file of com.skjm.icam.plist (username and password is in that file) via iExplorer from other iPhone iOS7 to this iOS8. It still won't use the file for login. Seems something to do with flipping screen horizontally  as seen on iOS 7.

Are you able to duplicate the problem?

nswilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
It finally works by itself. Might need to wait one hour or so to expire some cache.

Copying preference, restart app, and wait 1 hour seems to be the work around.

Hopefully the developer will have iOS 8 and work with this bug soon.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 08:53:12 PM »
We are continuing to test iCam on iOS 8 with each subsequent Beta from Apple and will have an iCam update available to address any remaining issues introduced by the new operating system for its final release.