Author Topic: Accessing events while source is in sleep?  (Read 1953 times)

Mmgarret

• View Profile
Accessing events while source is in sleep?
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:40:21 PM »
Hello, i receive a notification on my ipad that there are recorded events from my Icam source. I have no problem accessing these when the source cam is live.  But, when I go to access them, from Icam viewer on my ipad, and there is no live stream, it tells me there are no sources found.  I am assuming this is because my source computer has gone to sleep mode.  Is there anyway to access the recorded events from my ipad while the source computer is in sleep mode?
Thanks, matt

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Accessing events while source is in sleep?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »
You could use DropBox (most of the users on these boards use DropBox), Box (not sure if they have a desktop syncing software currently, but they are offering 50GB of free storage space if you download their app and register for/activate an account before February 15, 2014), Google Drive, or some other cloud storage syncing service on your computer...then change the icamsource recording folder to one of the folders that is synced to your cloud storage (so the recorded events will automatically be uploaded)...then you could browse your motion events while the computer is asleep. But do realize that if you allow your computer to enter sleep mode, it will not be monitoring/recording motion events. If you're using iCam as a method of security, it would be best to disable sleep mode so you have 24/7 monitoring and access.