Author Topic: Recommended Routers  (Read 2365 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Recommended Routers
« on: January 04, 2014, 03:48:55 AM »
Hey everyone!

I've been using iCam for a couple years now. I run 4 cameras constantly with 1 of those cameras recording to Dropbox.

Lately though, I've been have some connectivity problems with my router or modem, not sure which is to blame. So I plan on replacing the router first.

Just wanted to know if anyone has a recommendation for a router they have had great luck with. iCam is probably the most taxing on my wifi setup so I may need something beefy. My current router I've had for 3 years which is how long I've been running iCam. I've read that some aren't compatible with iCam Source so I want to make sure I purchase one that will work with iCam.

Thank you all for your time and help! This forum is amazing with so many great people willing to offer excellent advice.

-Ryan

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended Routers
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:05:48 PM »
Most of our testing has been conducted with Apple routers. We've also had some success with Cisco routers in the past.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »
Good to know, thanks for the response! I really appreciate the help!

The previous router I was using was a Cisco Linksys E1000 and I had no problem setting up iCam with it.
  After some research, I believe I'll be upgrading to the Cisco Linksys EA3500. Has any testing been done with this router or has anyone out there had any issues getting iCam to cooperate with it?

As always, thank you all for your time and assistance!
   Ryan

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:03:08 PM »
We haven’t tested with that particular router, but we also haven’t received any reports of problems with that model.  iCam is designed to work with a wide variety of router configurations, and will most likely work with the EA3500 router without any issues.  If you do have any issues at all, you can contact us and we’ll help you get it working.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 12:58:35 AM »
You rock!

Thank you so much for your response and for the wonderful support this forum brings. I will let you know if I have any problems, though I don't anticipate any.

Thanks again!

Ryan

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 11:40:46 AM »
Thank you for your feedback.

You are most welcome.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.