Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 1764 times)

maax555

• View Profile
Feature Request
« on: November 22, 2013, 02:25:15 AM »
Hi All, i am 100% sure this must have been requested many time before now but I am unable to find a feature request section.

The ability to to have the source (an Ipad, Iphone or Ipod) locked so that no one can detect that Icam is running hence viewing them.
I have only had the Icam and source software a couple of days and it work great on my 4G iphone 5s.

However if the source had the ability of the following I would be happy to pay £20 for it.

1) need the source to be locked to lock screen or another such as running a black screen and then when touched it stays black but requests your password.
2) remotely turn on the source if you have left house and forgot to run icam source.

I can only imagine that the first one is so obvious that Apple do not allow this.

Comments from SKJM please.

regards Maax

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 05:41:21 PM »
Thank you for your post.

1. Apple does allow apps to run in the background, however, they don’t allow access to the camera while the app is in the background, so iCamSource won’t work in the background. You can darken your screen if you single-tap the preview view.

The ability to password protect the iCamSource running on the computer has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

2. There is not a way to remotely turn on iCamSource through the iPad or the iCam software but some of our users use VNC to Start/Stop iCamSource remotely. Some of our users discuss VNC in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=2732.0

A remote Stop/Start button has been requested in the past and is also currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

maax555

• View Profile
Re: Feature Request
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:38:37 AM »
thanks for reply. One other useful feature would be to remotely choose front or rear cam when using an ipad/iphone as the source. This would allow you to view two positions from one source or more importantly switch the view remotely when you forget to choose the correct view at start of icam source.

one other thing which i already assumed was part of this package is that full motion with audio should be possible to record under motion detection rather than the single frames without audio it currently records.

Perhaps an option so that when an alert is received you could also choose to record remotely?

I want to add a couple of webcams but unsure what will and wont work. I will visit the recommended webcam page.

thanks again.