Author Topic: No sound to my mobile  (Read 2361 times)

sofiania

• View Profile
No sound to my mobile
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:04:15 AM »
I installed iCamSource on my Mac (OSX) and iCam on my android phone (samsung S2) and configured it to use bulit in microphone/built in isight and checked audio in my phone, but still theres no sound to the phone....

I got this app only for the sound (to listen remotely wheter my dog barks or not) and will be dissapointed if the sound doesn't work...what am I doing wrong? Also, is there any way to choose only sound, and no video?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No sound to my mobile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 03:14:29 AM »
Please make sure that the Android checkbox in iCamSource is checked.

sofiania

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:53:08 AM »
Yes, it's checked...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »
I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

If you are running Lion it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

sofiania

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »
Deleted the file, and restarted icamsource.....still not working (the sound that is). Maybe I'll have to find another solution cause I really was after hearing the sound rather than the video.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 08:28:10 AM »
Please send a screenshot of the iCamSource preference pane to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.