Author Topic: iCam Does Not See My Webcam  (Read 2925 times)

hubsm

• View Profile
iCam Does Not See My Webcam
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:26:55 AM »
I searched for this and looked at 10 pages of posts but could not find an answer to my problem.

Just installed iCamSource on my PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.  I have a Microsoft Lifecam 1393 that is directly connected to my PC via USB.  When I open iCamSource Preferences 2.7 and look at Video Source under the USB/Firewire/Built-in tab, nothing shows and the dropdown is also blank.  The camera is on.  What am I doing wrong?  Why does it not see my webcam?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCam Does Not See My Webcam
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:01:14 PM »
You say your webcam is on. Do you mean that you are already using the webcam with other software (Skype, etc)? If other software is already accessing the camera, icamsource.exe won't be able to access it.

hubsm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 04:19:03 AM »
I meant that it is on so that I can see myself on the screen.  No program is running.  I did this because it was not recognizing the camera without the camera running.  The bottom line is that iCam is not recognizing the webcam whether it is on or off.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:15:09 PM »
I replied a couple of hours ago, but forgot that you were on a Windows machine, not a Mac...so hopefully you didn't waste time reading my initial response. Anyway, have you installed the most recent version of the drivers for that camera ( http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/lifecam-cinema#support )? And are those drivers compatible with Windows 64-bit? Also, have you installed all Windows updates? Is the camera plugged directly into a USB port on the computer (not a USB extender cable or USB hub)? Have you tried rebooting the computer with the camera attached?

If the answer to all of the above questions is yes, what software did you use to test the camera with (Skype, etc) to make sure that the system detects and can display the video feed from the camera? Did it show up in the dropdown list for the program that you tested with?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:53:06 PM by OUAnthony »