Author Topic: 720p options?  (Read 1876 times)

geezfools

• View Profile
720p options?
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:35:01 PM »
 So what are my options for 720p? We've had some interesting people knocking on our door and we're planning a two week vacation in three months. I have a 720p webcam sitting on my computer, facing the front door, but two 8918s on the porch/back porch. I'd like to get something with better quality looking into the driveway and for earlier detection. Running an ethernet cable isn't out of the question. I've done some reading about the 9820 and 9821 cameras, but it appears there are some issues with them. Is it time to find a new app that supports h.264? Or do I need to string ethernet cables all throughout my attic? Give it to me in simpleton terms so I can start making this happen. I've been very happy with iCam for the past couple of years and have "sold" several friends on it who now use it, but I feel like we're in a day and age that need to be compatible with HD.

Thanks y'all!

edit: If I'm stuck with non-HD cameras, what is my best option, foscam wise? The 8910?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:51:02 PM by geezfools »

geezfools

• View Profile
Re: 720p options?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:36:10 PM »
So after searches upon searches, it appears as if I'll be limited to 640X480 until further notice. Or is it only for the images being saved and not the actual video?

geezfools

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:58:34 AM »
I see the SKJM support posting in other threads, did I miss something? Just wondering what my options are and how to move forward and make this as plain as day. If we're limited to MPEG and JPEG transfer, do none of the HD cameras transfer video in that? If they're HD, they transfer in H.264, which is something icam has talked about doing for over a year now, but is tough to implement (I get it :) ). So more or less, no HD options at this point?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 07:38:26 PM »
The latest updates to iCam (iOS) and the iCamSource include added support for High Resolution. - http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5870.msg17524;topicseen#msg17524

640x480 is the highest currently supported resolution. - http://skjm.com/icam/help/#icam