Author Topic: iCamWeb doesn't work and iCam only works on wifi  (Read 2407 times)

didycheng

• View Profile
iCamWeb doesn't work and iCam only works on wifi
« on: July 11, 2013, 10:32:55 PM »
Hi so my set up is the following
iCamSource on iMac(Mountain Lion)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Internet provider: xfinity
Linksys WRT54G2
I can only use wifi to view the stream on my Galaxy Note 2, 4g doesn't work. It says "Source Connection Error: One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker could not be connected to." after trying to connect for a long time. iCamWeb also doesn't work. It just hangs at "connecting"
Also, there is a "UPnP Dual NAT ext_ip:10.0.0.2" message next to the "auto_config router" check box.
Help please!

I've tried port forwarding, but the guide that I found was only for Windows.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCamWeb doesn't work and iCam only works on wifi
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:41:43 AM »
If you've tried both enabling and disabling the auto-config router feature in icamsource, and still experience the same problem, then you'll probably have to set up manual port forwarding. There should be a box for you to check in icamsource, and you'll also have to set up port forwarding rules in your router (the Linksys).

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »
The Dual NAT error message indicates that there are two routers on your local network. It's possible that you have a router that is connected to a modem that has an integrated router. iCamSource is able to auto-configure the router that it's connected to, but the other router is still blocking the traffic. The solution is to put one of the devices into Bridge Mode (turn off the routing functionality).

If you have a second router, what is the Brand/Model of that router? What is the Brand/Model of your DSL/cable modem?

didycheng

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 05:45:57 PM »
I have a xfinity home internet in Sunnyvale, CA. It's a xfinity branded box.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 11:37:42 PM »
What is the Model of your Xfinity router?