Author Topic: Can I do this with Icam?  (Read 1881 times)

luvmyhondas

• View Profile
Can I do this with Icam?
« on: December 15, 2009, 03:51:51 PM »
  I'm moderately computer literate, but not to the point of writing code and all that stuff.  I can follow directions though! lol.

Ok here's what I'd like to do/know.

1.  Icam supports 4 cameras at a time, but can I have more than that connected?  Basically if I were to have say 8-10 cameras installed can I switch to them on the Icam source and monitor 4 at a time?

2.  do all the cameras have to be on the same router?  I would like to put 3-4 wireless IP cameras in my business location and 3-4 at my home.  Then when I'm at work (a 3rd location) I can monitor both/either from my desk.

3.  in the scenario above, can I have the saved video files stored on the computer at my home instead of at the business via the internet?  Basically, I want the files saved to a remote location in the case of a vandalism/fire/theft that would destroy/remove the onsite computer.

any information is greatly appreciated, and I do apologize for the remedial nature of the questions.  I have not yet downloaded either Icam programs as I am in the process of moving to a new house and have no internet at home right now. 

Ben Brotherton

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can I do this with Icam?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:25:09 PM »
To answer your questions:

1. If you are running more than 4 iCamSources on the same login / password combination then iCam will only connect to the first 4. If you want to run more than 4 iCamSources you could run them in groups of four, all having the same login / password combination. Then you could change the login / password combination on iCam to connect to the different groups of 4.

2. No, they do not need to be on the same network.

3. If you want to have the Motion Events stored to a separate location, you can map or mount a network drive to a remote location and then browse to a folder on that network drive to save the images to.

I hope that answers your questions. :)

luvmyhondas

• View Profile
Re: Can I do this with Icam?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:59:30 PM »
i think it will answer the questions i have for now.  thanks.    :-*