Author Topic: Deleting motion events  (Read 3153 times)

Rockindaddy

• View Profile
Deleting motion events
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:19:06 PM »
I have 2 questions.

1) I have the motion events saving to a dropbox folder. When I delete the motion events from my phone they are also deleted in the dropbox folder. Is there any way to avoid this?

2) Is there a way to save motion events in 2 separate places? (ie: in dropbox and on the computer hard drive)

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: Deleting motion events
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 05:10:15 AM »
1. Deleting the events from your phone is the same as deleting from Dropbox. The events aren't stored on your phone.

2. If you are saving the events to Dropbox, they are on every computer that has Dropbox installed with your account. The beauty of Dropbox is that you can log in from any computer and manage the events.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:10:12 AM »
I think Rockindaddy is saying that he would like to be able to delete the motion events from his computer (by using the iCam app), but keep the images on Dropbox.

Rockindaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »
I think Rockindaddy is saying that he would like to be able to delete the motion events from his computer (by using the iCam app), but keep the images on Dropbox.

Yes, that is correct. I just don't like having to wade through thousands of images on my phone and I want to keep my computer clean, but have all them stored on dropbox if I ever have need to find something from the past.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:16:27 PM by Rockindaddy »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »
1. Unfortunately, that would be a question for DropBox. We are not sure if they support one-way sync. - https://www.dropbox.com/help

2. iCamSource will only record to one folder on the iCamSource computer (per camera). If you want copies stored in another folder, any backup software should be able to do that for you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 02:31:26 PM »
To add to #2, if you use backup software (or possibly a script?) that copies new files in real time (not sync...just copy) to a 2nd directory, then sync that 2nd directory with Dropbox, then you should be able to delete motion events from iCam without it affecting your Dropbox or 2nd directory. With that being said, you'd need to occasionally empty out the 2nd directory (which would be mirrored on Dropbox) so that you don't run out of space on your Dropbox account.