Author Topic: Using the Webcam With Multiple Programs Simultaneously  (Read 4926 times)

cjk29

• View Profile
Using the Webcam With Multiple Programs Simultaneously
« on: February 17, 2013, 04:35:14 AM »
Im running the icam software and loving it...

is there anyway i can have another program using the webcam at the same time? hopefully discretely... tried manycam but dosent seem to work and you have to open that up to/

any advice would be great

chris

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Using the Webcam With Multiple Programs Simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:17:25 PM »
We generally recommend ManyCam. If it is not working properly for you, you can contact their support here: http://www.manycam.com/help

Also, there's a similar program called Splitcam, but we've never tried it. - http://splitcamera.com/

cjk29

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »
thanks tried both but just cant seem to use camera on any other program once icam is running :(

anything else i can try

cheers

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »
Just to make sure you have this configured correctly...

1) Run icamsource, uncheck the auto start box. Now exit icamsource.exe completely
2) Make sure icamsource.exe is NOT running (gone from the system tray), along with any other programs that might access the camera.
3) Open ManyCam and add the camera as a source in the ManyCam settings.
4) Open icamsource.exe and add ManyCam as the camera source (it should be installed on your system as a virtual webcam...so it it should appear in the USB camera dropdown list).
5) Verify that you do not have the real USB camera added as a source.
6) Recheck the auto start box (if you had to unchecked it earlier) and click the Start button in icamsource.exe.
7) Open another program that you want to use your webcam with (such as Skype). Go to the camera source selection setting and change it to the virtual ManyCam driver and test to see if it works.

If I remember correctly, I tried updating ManyCam once...but the newer version didn't seem to install a virtual driver...so I had to use an older version of ManyCam (maybe 2.4? I think there's a thread somewhere on here where I detail it). There's a chance they fixed that issue (it's been at least a year), but if the steps above don't work for the latest version, you might look for an older version of ManyCam.