Author Topic: App dropping on computer  (Read 3251 times)

Wiland

• View Profile
App dropping on computer
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:42:12 PM »
I can click the icon and the logo will pull up like it is loading in my tray or the bottom line.. but the program wont load and if I put the mouse over the logo it disapears... It has been working for over a year and now this... any help would be great..

Scott

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: App dropping on computer
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
SKJM usually suggests cleaning the registry of iCam settings by using the file linked below. Sometimes the registry information can become corrupted and cause the program to crash.

http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
Worked perfect....  Thank you..

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:38:07 PM »
well it worked to open the program. after I put in my password and user info it turns off and does the same thing it was doing..

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »
when I hit start the app closes on the computer... as long as I dont check auto start I can open it and it will keep my log info but wont show a camera... just close..

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
Hmm. Try these steps, in order:
1) uninstall icamsource
2) run the registry cleaner referenced in my previous post
3) ensure that you have all Windows updates installed and the latest camera drivers installed (for USB or built-in cameras)
4) reinstall icamsource

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »
Also make sure that you are choosing valid Audio and Video inputs in the iCamSource, that no other applications are currently using them, and that the latest drivers are installed.

You might also want to make sure that the video and audio inputs work with other apps on your computer to rule out a driver or hardware problem. (Rebooting may also help.)

Wiland

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 08:55:11 PM »
did all that and got it back on... it will run for a minute and then die. I can reboot it and then it works again.. any thing else I can check?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 12:28:15 AM »
What date did the problem start? You might check your Windows updates history and see if any updates were installed the day of, or the day before you noticed the problem. It seems like someone else in here mentioned having to uninstall a Windows update once because it caused icamsource to crash. If it's a Windows security update, though, I wouldn't leave it uninstalled for longer than it takes to test it.

I checked my update log, and there were a couple of .NET-related updates a few days ago on my system. I know icamsource uses or relies on Visual C++ and .NET, so you might start with the .NET updates.