Author Topic: Second home invasion averted, thank you so much!  (Read 1553 times)

goatwoodward

• View Profile
Second home invasion averted, thank you so much!
« on: October 26, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »
The pictures are on my computer at home, but I just wanted to thank everyone who works on this software. My husband & I bought a short sale and the previous owner has been harassing us. He knew my husband was going out of town and broke into the garage and burglarized it. I reported it, but the police couldn't do anything. My husband is the handy one, so I thought I would have to wait until he got back to install some security cameras and give me back my feeling of safety. However, I set up a couple old netbooks, downloaded icam for Android, and my husband downloaded the iPhone version. We monitored throughout the day (mostly alerts for the dog running around) and sure enough, the guy came back while I was at work! He got some tools out of his truck and headed to the door to my garage. I called 911 and had the joy of seeing him arrested in my driveway. He is now banned from the property & if I see him come back, the police say it will be instant jail for him. Thank you!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Second home invasion averted, thank you so much!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »
Awesome story! You should download and use Dropbox as well...it's free and will save your recorded events offsite in case someone steals your computer. Once Dropbox is installed, simply change the recording folder in icamsource to the Dropbox backup folder. You can download the Dropbox app on your smart phone to easily verify that the files are, in fact, being backed up. And with a psychotic ex-owner running around, you might consider a firearm or a metal baseball bat or something to protect yourself with. Geez, some people! And to think you helped him get out of a financial mess...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Second home invasion averted, thank you so much!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
Thank you for sharing your story! We always enjoy hearing iCam success stories from our users. :)