Author Topic: push notications sounds  (Read 2098 times)

dogdocdave

• View Profile
push notications sounds
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:09:29 PM »
Searched for the answer on this one == found it has been a ongoing request for a couple of years.......  Looked over some of the other apps i have running with push notices and you can chose the sound you would like from your ring tones.   This is a must have feature!!!!  The current sound is basically like all the other i have --- I someone is walking around in my house --- i want my phone to jump out of my pocket.
Came home to a house that had been robbed today -- if i had this app running 12 hours earlier -- they would be in jail right now instead of selling my stuff out on the street!!!!   Thanks for a great product ..... now lets get it to be a super great product..  Dave

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: push notications sounds
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 05:36:27 AM »
Sorry you got robbed. Sounds like you did not have Icamsource running at home. If you did, you should have images saved. You should also use Dropbox in case of computer theft.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 01:10:57 AM »
Yes, we are also sorry you were burglarized. rjgvt makes a good point, it sounds like you did not have iCamSource running. We also recommend Dropbox. A number of users use the free DropBox service to automatically mirror the Motion Events recorded by the iCamSource to a remote server in case the computer is turned off or stolen. There is also a free iPhone DropBox application that you can use to view your files away from a computer. - http://dropbox.com/

The option to change the Notification sound has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future, however it it not a high priority feature. Unfortunately, we do not have any immediate plans to implement it.

fhall1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:10:52 AM »
I haven't read it all, but maybe this will help?  www. tuaw. com/2011/10/12/ios-5-features-custom-notification-sounds-and-alerts-now-availa/

PS - take out the spaces....for some reason you can't post links on this forum

dogdocdave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts fellow icam users -- and you are correct I didn't have the icam system installed +++ I DO NOW!!  And would love to catch those A-holes!!

dogdocdave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
I did read and review the above link = it is nice but isn't what this app needs = This app needs to be able to chose it's own push alert = it is available for some of apples apps so it should be made available to other apps that use push alerts -- should have a chose of tone, vibrate, and both combined if the use wants to set it up that way!!!  I will be sending a email to apple about this too!

geezfools

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »
If, by random chance, you're using a jailbroken phone. There is a jailbreak tweak to allow custom sounds for ANY app. It's called PushTone, probably worth checking out if you have the option.