Author Topic: URL FOR LOFTEK CXS 2200  (Read 8784 times)

stevexfoster

• View Profile
URL FOR LOFTEK CXS 2200
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »
I installed the camera and I can see a perfect image through the web browser (192.168.1.94:1025).  However, I've tried to set up icamSource to see the image but don't get anything (I want to be able to monitor the camera via an ipad). Can anyone tell me the format for the URL to enter into icamsource? I've tried http://192.168.1.94/video.cgi based on what i've found in various websites, but have I missed something fundamental? I have a USB webcam also running and that works fine on icam.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: URL FOR LOFTEK CXS 2200
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
You need to include the 1025 port in the URL: http://192.168.1.94:1025/video.cgi

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
Hello, I hope you can answer this.
I am going to buy the "Web Cam with Director's Chair CD-ROM"
Can you tell me if this will work with your icam. 
Thank you

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:20:32 PM »
Hello, I hope you can answer this.
I am going to buy the "Web Cam with Director's Chair CD-ROM"
Can you tell me if this will work with your icam.  
Thank you

iCam supports Built-In, FireWire or USB Webcams and DV Cameras as well as select MJPEG-compatible Network IP Cameras.

Your camera appears to be a USB camera (http://www.amazon.com/Scholastic-Web-Directors-Chair-CD-ROM/dp/B003DKK9IW) so if it works on your computer it should work with iCam.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:48:17 PM by SKJM Support »

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 09:20:37 PM »
Thanks for answering my last question. I have one more.
Does your icam for the iphone work with any long range (about 200 ft) outdoor wireless web cam
that runs on batterys (AA) , so I do not have to plug in any wires.
Thanks

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 03:09:12 AM »
Chris, don't waste your money on a wireless camera that runs on batteries...it certainly won't work 200ft away...probably not even 1ft away. And even if it did work (it won't), AA batteries would only power it a very short amount of time. I read the reviews of the USB camera you purchased, and they are pretty bad. Personally, I wouldn't buy a camera (or much of anything) if it didn't have 4 stars or more...with at least a handful or 2 of reviews. If there are no reviews, the item is either brand new or understood to be complete junk. In general, though, wireless cameras (especially at the lower end of the price range) have pretty poor wireless performance...and these are ones that are plugged in to the wall. AA's just won't provide the power or longevity that you would desire. If you want consistent performance, I'd always recommend hard wiring the camera...both power and ethernet. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. In the future, it helps if you post links to the cameras that you're asking about. Hope this helps you avoid wasting money on junk!