Author Topic: Added feature request  (Read 2486 times)

steveken

• View Profile
Added feature request
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »
I was thinking about something that might be useful to people. I know you can define an area to record motion when it occurs, but what about adding a sub-zone inside the main zone for other options? Say, for instance, I want to define my entire front yard to watch for motion and have it record whenever something happens in it, but I would like to be notified whenever someone approaches my front door. I don't want to turn on the "Send Push Notifications" function for the entire motion zone because I would be getting all sorts of notifications with audio every time something happens. My thought is this, have the primary zone set up for recording motion, but create a secondary zone within the primary zone set up for push notifications for times when you want to have an audible alert notify you of action in that secondary zone while leaving the primary zone silent.

There are times when I have a package coming and would like to know when it gets there. I can turn on the push notifications for anytime motion is detected, but I would have a lot of notifications when lighting might change because of clouds, cars passing by that might trigger the motion detection part, or something like that becoming very annoying with the notification sound each time this happens. I would love to be able to designate a sub-section of that motion zone to send the audible alert when the delivery guy walks up to the door. Or, if I am waiting for the mailman to come, I could set the zone around the mailbox for the push notifications to let me know when he gets there. Or, if I am waiting for the trash man to come so I can go get the cans back in. Things like that. Does that make any sense at all?

Is this something we can get incorporated into a future version? Also, does anyone else think this sort of thing would be useful to them or am I alone in this?

Thanks

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Added feature request
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 12:59:06 AM »
This would be a useful feature...I'd use it!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 01:19:22 PM »
Thank you for your feedback.

A primary/secondary zone feature for "Send Push Notifications" has not been requested in the past, however we will add it to our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:27:04 AM »
NICE IDEA!!!  I would most certainly use this feature as well. 

Merlin