Author Topic: 3g "Source Connection Error" "One or more of th iCamSources returned by the iCam  (Read 3229 times)

ikarus

• View Profile
I keep getting the Source Connection Error: "One or more of th iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to".

My ip address is 68.3.223.243
I'm using a belkin pre-n router and a cisco docsis 3.0 cable modem.

my icamsource is connected and my ports are forwarded. I can connect to icam source using wifi from my iphone, but I cannot get the connection through 3g.

PLEASE HELP! ??? :'( :-\

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ikarus is receiving support via email.

ghamphy

• View Profile
I am also constantly getting this same error - Source Connection Error: "One or more of th iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to" over 3G AT&T. I even get this error even when ATT&T has five bars and other apps are streaming fine. I searched the web and I was told to try the stocks app on the iphone before trying icam. I did this and it worked once out of 50 tries.

It will be helpful if you can post the solution to these issues on the forum instead of email support - so other users dont go through the same - though I agree in some cases email support is warranted.

I am having a tough time getting it to work over 3g - i travel to work a lot, but cannot get it to work, almost anywhere i try.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I am also constantly getting this same error - Source Connection Error: "One or more of th iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to" over 3G AT&T. I even get this error even when ATT&T has five bars and other apps are streaming fine. I searched the web and I was told to try the stocks app on the iphone before trying icam. I did this and it worked once out of 50 tries.

It will be helpful if you can post the solution to these issues on the forum instead of email support - so other users dont go through the same - though I agree in some cases email support is warranted.

I am having a tough time getting it to work over 3g - i travel to work a lot, but cannot get it to work, almost anywhere i try.

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Information about the Source Connection Error can be found in the Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error forum post here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=403.0

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3